Gap Up tomorrow morning

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nwbprop, Feb 19, 2004.

1. There are about 60 emotions that show up in trading. Look at ET's happy faces to see how primitive ET is at this point.

Your path is now to improve your efficiency of extraction from the market. This is primarily related to exits. Entries matter. You have BO's and the P,V (Granville book) or my posts that present P, V in many ways one or more of will allow understanding.

Exits come as a result of profits have accumulated and probably stalled. they increase according to the right side of the trend. That end of the bar continues to make progress intraday wise. slow grinding at the pace of the trend locking in profits of that trend. Stops are accociated with this aspect of the bars.. The bar end that shapes the new level of profits can wax and wane. It is associated with the left trend line.

Your emotions connect more with the left side than the right side at his point. All entries are associated with left sides. That is where a lot of monitoring, analysis, decision making takes place. If you can just extend that to the action too, you will see a big improvement.

What ensues for most people is that they keep extending being "right" for more time. Gradually they pass the last time of being very right.

Emotions change at this time. You do that and let it happen.

The chart now displays price action on the right trend line and analysis goes to "not being too late".

Doing 6 and having a focus on the vernier of 7 will take to to the end of extremes of trends to meet your goals fo 8..

What you get to see is trend advances and stalls in a new context. You can see short hitches first, then small dips, leading to failures to resume with high velocity stalls. All of this allows you, in slow motion to, carve off the extreme of any trend.

The multitude of reinforcing data sets and their comprised factors from gross, medium and fine verniers is elegant and very efficient. We are bringing your potential to a point of manifestation. You now have the potnetial (energy) as a person; we need to take this potential and translate it (the energy you have) into a repeated extremely precise kinetic energy applications that efficiently pulls money out of the market.

By "seeing" this picture, you will enter the iterative refinement stages of being an excellent beginner.

This becomes an invincible foundation for becoming an intermediate and then an expert.

For me the people who do not succeed is, of course, an issue. Thank goodness it is easy to understand why they do not.

There is only one place to look for the money in the "show me the money". Check you account over the next few months.

As an intermediate you will be trading 5 contracts. That is the full channel 800 dollars per day of beginners times five and also increased by the intermediate trader increased efficiency. If the market is flat and it's summer time, take a vacation.

#71     Mar 7, 2004
  2. Thank you Jack for that detailed response to me and your willingness to try to help traders overcome problems.

Many things you post I understand very quickly, while other things take more time. Yes, there are things you post that I nor anyone else here will ever understand but I accept that in my quest to become a great trader.

Many suggestions you posted are being done by myself in a similar fashion while others are not.

The IQ level at which you speak is not required in my opinion to become a great trader. However, your IQ level also gives you possible solutions to helping people with their emotions. I bring this up because in the back of my mind I think that is where my problem lies as well as many on ET. The emotional battle a beginning trader (or an unprofitable trader) goes through, is possibly as stressful as losing a loved one. I am not a beginner or unprofitable but I do have emotions that pop up during the day. Dealing with those emotions are an individual process and a mentor or teacher can only steer you in the right direction.

The best cure for emotions in trading are consistency. (consistent profitability to be more specific) Keeping your risk/reward high as well as your winning percentage is the goal of all traders. Keeping confidence high at all times helps immensely with the thought process, while you are in a trade or sidelined.

Becoming a confident emotionless robot trader may be what stands between me being good......and me being great.

Once again, Thanks for the response Jack.

#72     Mar 7, 2004
  3. dkm

dkm

A small group of us are STILL meeting daily on PalTalk.
    Miscellaneous group. "Jack Hershey equities & futures trading group". Trades could be posted there very easily.

David

#73     Mar 8, 2004
  4. gms

gms

And how's the money-making coming along lately, dkm?

#74     Mar 8, 2004
  5. dkm

dkm

Could be better :(

#75     Mar 9, 2004