Gap Up tomorrow morning

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nwbprop, Feb 19, 2004.

1. But, you were still dead wrong on the trend. im glad you made money.

#21     Feb 20, 2004
  2. We were talking about gaps and overnight trends. Not daily trends. We closed last night at 46.3 in the ES and opened at 49.3. That is a nice 3 pt play for a overnight gap.

#22     Feb 20, 2004
  3. thanks but its not based on trend at all. i admit its a risky play but i have noticed that a few select big cap tech stocks more often than not have a small bounce either ah or premarket if they close lod on a big down day. simple as that.

#23     Feb 20, 2004
  4. Do the Ari Kiev tape. There are nine Q's and several major points. You are just like the results the Nobel Prize guy got.

After that get a yellow marker out and mark up my posts.

In about one month, two weeks after I return to broadcasting, I will do a support thread for what your mental (IQ) and emotional difficulties (EQ) are. I will probably use trend fader, dbphoenix and nononsense as classic examples. What will replace Ari Kiev's prescription for stress (that is what has buried your ability to operate) will be a complete overhaul using a PNI approach.

For an example, as a warm up for you, read Trend fader's one sentence response to my economic comments on the EOP and then read his opener on his most recent thread. He is blocked re IQ and EQ. He is just about as addled as your above comment.

#24     Feb 20, 2004
  5. Sorry.

#25     Feb 20, 2004
  6. Sorry.

#26     Feb 20, 2004
  7. Mecro

Mecro

I'm like a complete newb in this thread right now so please do not laugh at me. Actually go ahead as far as I get some explanation.

S&P gapped down from yersterday's close. So how exactly did you all make money being long?

#27     Feb 20, 2004

8. things were green in the premarket.

#28     Feb 20, 2004
  9. Last time I checked 1149 was higher than 1147.25.

#29     Feb 20, 2004

10. Today, we tested the lower side of my IT trend in the ES. We bounced right off of it at the 1:30 5 min bar. I knew there was an IT right line there but i was not sure if it was going to cruise through it or bounce off of it. Coudl you maybe explain how one would use an anticipatory way to decipher if it is going to break through it or bounce off the IT line.

On to the subject of this thread. We bounced off of the right side trend line and rallied to a resistance point at 53. We then came off into the close and closed at 49. Based on what i understand, since the long IT is still in tact and we are not near resistance(53), we should gap up tomorrow no further than 53.

I still eagerly await your response to the Q's i had when i started this thread.

Anybody elses input would be greatly appreciated also.

thanks.

#30     Mar 2, 2004