Gap Plays

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gapster, May 31, 2005.

1. I played MATK today on 2K shares. 1 short at the open and the a reversal for a long position. Net was over $2400.00 on 2 round trip trades. Not a bad day for 15 minutes worth of work.

Keep the journal going gapster and get some sleep.

:D

#41     Jun 8, 2005
  2. gapster

gapster

Sleep?? Hah!

Great trade Tradewiz.

I wonder if anyone else here also play the morning Gaps?

<-gapster->

#42     Jun 8, 2005
  3. gapster

gapster

Trading Results:

To put it simply, I made $15 lousy bucks today. And taking the commissions/fees into account, it is a definate LOSS.

I played both MATK and SWFT and my gains in one was pretty much cancelled by the losses of the other.

Overtrading, revenge trading, trading multiple times --in other words, trading drunk and without a license. I AM GUILTY! What the heck's wrong with me?

Today I'm another stoopid monkey. Tomorrow's another day thank God.

<-gapster->

#43     Jun 8, 2005
  4. LOL. At least your honest. That is a good trait. Hang in there.

#44     Jun 8, 2005
  5. I play them, although not every day. One of the best set ups around in my experience, but I'd advise newbies to be careful because you can get your head handed to you.

#45     Jun 9, 2005
  6. chud

chud

Nice job, Tradewiz. Did you open and close that first short in the first minute? Looking at the 1 minute chart it seems that the first bar was the only chance to make money short.

How long did you watch the price before deciding to go short? Or did you just enter the order at open and hope for the best?

#46     Jun 9, 2005
  7. Thanks. My short was at 9:30:45, I closed the position at 9:31:52. Took a long position after closing out my short, and rode MATK till I was stopped out at $35.10 my which was my profit target.

#47     Jun 9, 2005
  8. Thanks.

I'm sure there are a few more gap traders learking in the dark shadows here at ET. :)

#48     Jun 9, 2005
  9. gapster

gapster

Pre-Market Gap Stock Watchlist for June 9, 2005 THURSDAY:

Gap Downs:

CDWC
    RIMM
    XMSR
    XLNX

Shortable via Alliance. Open up Time and Sales and observe Price movement @ Market Open.

<-gapster->

#49     Jun 9, 2005
  10. CDWC worked out awsome (i just watched em all today..toamrrow i will try to trade em)

where do you get your list from.
    how do u filter for it each morning?

thanks and keep em comin

#50     Jun 9, 2005