Gann Wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bluehorseshoe77, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Anyone know where I can find a Gann Wheel/Square of Nine that extends out 5 digits????

2. Let's see now. For the vast majority of issues, that would be an accuracy better than a tick or the spread? Guess you could use it on Berkshire Hathaway, though.

3. wow, there really is such a thing? I thought people were joking when they talked about their "Gann wheels."

4. KIndly do not make fun of what you don't understand. I calculate the angular position of Jupiter relative to the sun with 32 bit double precision for my sunspot predictions.

5. I believe you mean Connie. Although they both apparently like horses and both are dyed blondes. I would take Linda, however, as I can understand what she writes. Connie, it would seem, is merely a connie artist.

6. Have anyone researched into the true origin of the Gann Square of Nine?

I have to conclude all the stories I found (on the web) are made up:

1) Why would tea merchants in India need a square root calculator? (Gann discovered the number spiral in his trip to India.)

2) Mesopotamia origin - no historic evidence of the number spiral. Show me a picture of the actual number spiral... please.

3) Egyptian Pyramid - see the Gann Square of Nine from the bird eye's view of the Giza... You got to be kidding!

Do I think there is something there... Yes, there are actually a few people in the 30's besides Gann subscribed to the idea of volatility as a function of square root of price (I think even John Templeton). Would I bet my money on it? No... Not by itself.

Can someone tell me what they know? Thanks. Please show me some historical evidences... Any Freemason sacred geometry is welcomed!

:)

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like it could be done pretty easily in excel http://www.solarmatrix.com/excel/mcc6.jpg

8. Don't have the details but it's the fibonacci ratio.

9. Actually I tried Fib retracement with Square of Nine for a little bit... they are like oil and water. I also read something about Fib relationship embedded in the square but never took the time to make sense of it.

#10     Jul 25, 2005