Gann Wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by theplumber, Dec 29, 2002.

1. akpanicker, where did you get that calculation from or did you come up with this youself?

#11     Jan 1, 2003

2. Add (subtract) one for 180 degrees.
    Add (subtract) 1/2 for 90 degrees.
    Add (subtract) 1/4 for 45 degrees.
    Add (subtract) 1/8 for 22.50 degrees......etc.

#12     Jan 1, 2003
  3. Its in your book.......starting on page 31.

Remember......shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#13     Jan 1, 2003
  4. Just looking to see if there was an original thought to be had around here or just rehash of others ideas.I don't know how much Gann put into his astrological work into trading but back in the 70's ,NASA has mounds and mounds of data on a case study they did to find patterns in the relationship between planet movement and sun cycles (as well as moon) and various commodity prices.This was around the time Nixon took us off the gold standard and the powers that be were very jittery about the financial system as a whole but our commodities were USA staples to the world . The problem is no one admits their there, but the files with the titles fill up a 15' by 15' room.

#14     Jan 1, 2003
  5. no sir , it is not an original idea on my part...it is just one of the methods that I picked up from various sources in my studies on constructing support and resistance zones....the original idea undoubtedly is of W D Gann...this being another one of those interpretations...( like say,whichever way you put it, the idea that the square root of the sum of the squares of the sides gives the hypotenuse....belongs to pythagorus)....the others being the pivot and fibonacci bands using the previous bar values...

#15     Jan 2, 2003
  6. Good luck with all the resistance...

You're missing the whole point with Sq. of Nine. It's more for a Cyclical Calculator. But because of the time and price relationship, it works in price.

Time is the most important.

Oh... wait... ukya!!!!

#16     Jan 3, 2003
  7. Can you do intraday cycle timing with Gann wheel ?
    Walter

#17     Jan 3, 2003
  8. Respectfully disagree....especially intra-day

#18     Jan 3, 2003
  9. Yes

#19     Jan 3, 2003
  10. corvus

corvus

#20     Jan 3, 2003