Gann thread...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by WDGann, Dec 9, 2002.

1. What I really hate is these friggin' Murrey, Pyrapoints, and other friggin vendors immaturely interprets Gann as some psychic, esoteric, super-natural phenomenon. People read these ads and they assume Gann is just what they talk to be.

Those friggin' vendors need to go back to 1st Science class and re-visit reality from the start. Sorry, Kindergarden Science... if they had one... Wait, I think they need to go back to Potty Classes, maybe they'll learn that you shit from their ass and not your mouth. They need to learn that if you shit out of your mouth, you need to wash their mouth with soap!!!

I guess these assumptions will never go away because 99% of these people who claim to use Gann just view reality as some Kindergarden Fairy Tale. From that 99.99999999999% of the traders who hear about Gann from these Twinky traders think Gann's BS and I don't blame them for their assumptions.

On the bright side, it gives me an edge.

#11     Dec 13, 2002
  2. balda

balda

Don't tell anyone:D

#12     Dec 14, 2002
  3. Don't you just love posts like these? I would all but guarantee that this guy hasn't done any research on Gann whatsoever. If he has, maybe he has taken a course or read a book, although he will give us some rebuttal after reading this post and say he has spent years looking at it.

No jack, you are confused. Yes Gann works, but most Gann methods use INCORRECT math based upon the Square of Nine. This is probably why most just spin their wheels with Gann.

#13     Dec 14, 2002
  4. Not quite that simple, but you may be on the right track. Hmmmmmmm........ (but I will never tell).

#14     Dec 14, 2002

5. God, you guys just love to hear yourself talk, huh?

#15     Dec 14, 2002
  6. stuff on Gann? Any books?

I do use time of the day techniques to time my trades, or at least I used to when I was trading OEX options because now I am using only mechanical systems, but this by no means is anything that I would ever dare to sell to anyone as a method, rather as one of a few techniques that when used together can improve your odds of success.

#16     Dec 14, 2002
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

#17     Dec 14, 2002
  8. I hate them...

Why? OK, goto the bookstore, find it and read it. Then you find that it's just a bunch of Gann-based(-related) trying to out-market itself who's best. Funny thing is, it's mostly about... we predicted this... we predicted that... blah blah blah... probably the lowest content magazine about trading there is.

I bought 2 issues and never bought it. I occasionally read it in the newstand and still crack me up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be very honest here. There is no holy-grail. Gann is not a holy grail and it's just the same as moving averages or stochastics. Just like any technique, you need to be proficient at it to become an edge.

Gann does not make you profits. Honestly, it doesn't make you a profitable trader. I think only a few will agree with me on this but how well you analyze the market does not reflect how good you are as a trader. The style of your analysis reflects your trading but it's not really so important.

Take the difference between paper trading and real trading to the extreme. Analysis does not matter. Trader is a person who trades well. Not a person who can analyze the market well.

Edge is edge but edge doesn't give you profits, the traders make profits.

--------------------------------------------------

I HATE VENDORS AND BROKERS.

#18     Dec 14, 2002
  9. Allright, I am interested..

WDGann, what then is THE right book about Gann?

IMO, if you want to read into REAL scientific theories about the market, and the one that most accurately explains the market (I've never come accross a theory more close to what the market is), read about chaos theory.

The market is nothing more then one big chaotic system. Unfortunately, it also tells you that the market is hard, if not impossible to predict. You can however find some GENERALITIES about the system that the market is, and use it in your favor..

#19     Dec 14, 2002
  10. toby400

toby400

"Edge is edge but edge doesn't give you profits, the traders make profits."
    WDGANN - Senior member.

Well thats put a few holy grail vendors out of business.

Toby

:D

#20     Dec 14, 2002