Gann Theory Chat

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by WDGann, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Gann fan angles usually help one in setting expectations before or during a trade....

usually after one decides, through other subjective means, to exit a trade, they usually can find confirmation in the angles and the retracements from those angles....

how would one incorporate usage of a "confirmation theorum" before the fact as a predictive theorum?

#41     Apr 9, 2003
  2. I've just posted quite a few relevant questions that I would like you to prepare answers to.

perhaps, if you could treat these like the Congressional Minutes, and put the answers in the notes, in case I'm not online to type my questions in at the time of the chat session.

I'll check back later, or PM me with the answers..

#42     Apr 9, 2003
  3. Actually, if you have Gann's courses, it is there.

Murrey says nothing about a circle of 24, and most of his work is based on Gann's angle course.

#43     Apr 9, 2003
  4. Hmmm, I was under impression that Gann's angles were different than Gann's cycles.

#44     Apr 9, 2003
  5. Actually, after getting Gann's courses I have to say that Murrey got his ideas from Gann's angle course, but Murrey says that Gann never bothered to continue dividing the range of a market by eighths until a trading range was reached.

Murrey's time cycles are also different from Gann's. Murrey uses the square of 8 exclusively. Gann had many different cycles.

#45     Apr 9, 2003
  6. Have you found any trading use for the circle of 24? So far, I haven't been able to incorporate this one lone concept.

#46     Apr 9, 2003
  7. LOL... this is going to be a long chat...

#47     Apr 9, 2003
  8. Oddi... ask Murrey...

Some of the terminology seems to be different with how some call it so let's stick to the terminology in Gann's book...

I've seriously haven't gone into Murrey, Pyrapoint, or other Gann-related material as much as you think...

But I'll try my best to explain the inter-relationship between Angles, Cycles, and Master Charts, as much as possible. They are definitely not separated but very inter-related...

#48     Apr 9, 2003
  9. Okay,

Angles, cycles and Master charts. See you there:)

#49     Apr 9, 2003
  10. Keep those questions coming... Oddi, limitdown and others... thanks for the questions...

I'm starting to get a feel of how the chat will go...

It's going to be long and lotsa typing but I'll try my best to be on the point.

One important point I'm seeing with Oddiduro's post (it's not bad... thanks again)... that some seem to be trying to understand a concept before they have a background understanding of other stuff.

For example, like the thing with Angles and Cycles. They are very inter-related and largely a geometric representation of cycles at work. Trying to understand Master Charts without seeing this would just take a person in circles (I've had this too so I'm writing based on experience).

Or with saki's questions. I don't think, there's much significance and can lead him a bad way with talks about Master Charts and other stuff.

Maybe I should ask Andre to make it theme specific, rather than doing a broad Gann Theory chat.

Well, let's see how it goes...

#50     Apr 9, 2003