Gann Theory Chat

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by WDGann, Apr 8, 2003.

1. gann,

i am impressed with your approach to gann and your ability to make it clear on this thread. looking forward to the chat !

best,

surfer:)

ps. your boys-- jurassic 5--- are playing with ---queens of the stoneage--- this summer. should be killer !!

#11     Apr 8, 2003
  2. Does Pyrapoint related to Gann technic and do you use it?

Thank you,

Your son.

#12     Apr 8, 2003
  3. I don't want to talk about other Gann-related techniques. I don't think I'm entitle to talk other's interpretation of Gann, especially in a Chat event.

So... I don't use pyrapoint but looked into it.

I've done a few Pyrapoint and MurrayMath posts in ET before. I'd do a search about it...

#13     Apr 8, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

WDGann,

I do not know anything about Gann. However, seeing the volumenous writings you have put in here, I feel compeled to understand it even if just to pay respect to such an effort.

Someone once said that the best way to understand the writings of Gann was to read the original and not the people that write about him. In your explanations, do you (would you) annotate those places where yuou think that you have deviated from his writings?

nitro

#14     Apr 9, 2003
  5. Well... thanks surf, nitro and others for your support... ( I didn't know I had a son... How are you my son...)

Anyways, I'm just trying to answer and re-answer questions that I recieved in the past in ET to make my chat easier. The posts above are pretty much basic stuff so it's not much of a hastle...

As I wrote above, I'm just trying to make this chat easier for myself. Also, I wanted to get the FAQ done by taking advantage of today's market condition. It was very choppy and untrending, you know... Full day flag into some crappy consolidating pattern just isn't a good day for me to trade. :) Also, the snow in Chicago (can you believe it snowed in April??? It sucks!!!) allowed me to be unmotivated to go out for lunch and dinner.:( :mad:

Anyways... with nitro's question with some key points for realizing significant points. I've had key points in all sections of the book so it is hard for me say, which is more or less... still....

One significant hurdle in understanding Gann Analysis has been the Geometric Angle. He has a very nice (subjective but it's simply put) introduction about Geometric Angles. This is probably the key part of the book that helped me understand it. To be more specific, he has a 28x28 square example. He used this example because this is the lowest price Wheat has ever sold...

Going back a few paragraphs, he mentions drawing a square, then a circle based on the square, then a triagle with circle, then back to square....

Well, there's the Gann Wheel. :)

#15     Apr 9, 2003
  6. Thanks DAD,
    looking forward to your chat

#16     Apr 9, 2003
  7. Well, I think I've covered most of the questions I can expect to answer in the chat.

Please post questions on here if you have any... I might answer them in the chat or in the thread...

Also, don't expect me to answer everything. I'm still studying Gann and there's a lot I don't know about it. If I don't know something or when I'm unsure, I'll let you know. At least, it'll help me give me a concept to research and I'll get back to the topic when I find something about it.

See you guys at the chat!!!

Optional777 Bless (I really had to end the FAQ by saying this... LOL :))

WDGann

:D :) :D :) :cool:

#17     Apr 9, 2003
  8. Gann trading seems to encompass alot of information.

What I would like to know is what Gann material you would apply to a chart for trades? As a Gann student have you been able to condense out some particular tools that work best for you?

Thank you

#18     Apr 9, 2003

9. Do you plan to discuss Gann's cycle work in this chat?
    I have most of Gann's work, I have been curious about the circle of 24, that is the only one I am not clear on at this point.

What about the astro aspects?

#19     Apr 9, 2003
  10. Looks like I'll learn more about Gann on this thread and the chat.
    But on a Friday afternoon? Geez...thats really cutting in to my happy hour time.:D

Guess I'll just have to read the log.

Happy Trading:cool:

#20     Apr 9, 2003