Gann Theory - Books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by 30percent, Dec 17, 2012.

1. 30percent

30percent

Hi,

what's the best reference books to read on Gann Theory? Books/Resouces that have practical implications only.
    I believe that his original writings are very difficult to read.

Thank you

2. Wheels in the Sky. When I studied Gann, this was a premier group. They have lots of good stuff there, if Gann is going to be your thing.

Now if you want to learn trading, then I would suggest you study price action.

3. 30percent

30percent

Hi,

thank you for the suggestion! I think I may subscribe to it at some point.

I trade for living full time. I read everyday and try to improve on what I already know.

Everywhere I go, keep hearing about W.D Gann. From what I learned though, his original works aren't exactly easy to digest.

I thought about getting this book: The Trading Methodologies of W.D. Gann: A Guide to Building Your Technical Analysis Toolbox
    by Hima Reddy. Don't think it is anything more than a intro.

Anyone read Dr Jeremo Baumring's material on Gann?

There are a lot useless reference materials out there. I don't want to waste time and money on them. There are only a handful of really good reading materials that teach you something that you could use in practice.

Or any Gann seminars in NY anyone?

Thanks!

4. I think Baumring's stuff was mainly on cycles. A lot of the allure of Gann was the allure of predicting markets. I don't think this is where Gann shines today. Gann's innovative uses of natural phenomena to try to pin down channels and levels of S&R are what make him great reading for the trading enthusiast. Harmonics is also a valuable tool, but there are so many many ways to apply it, the benefit would literally depend on the individual trader and what they are trained to be able to see.