Gann course

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dharmakaya, Jan 19, 2011.

1. 3 points above yesterdays high and down so far.

#31     Feb 18, 2011
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

True, but right now you are missing it by a week at least.

Also, all and any put options you (theoretically) bought in this week expire worthless today...

Friendly advice:

1. Stop posting under this name.
    2. Make new name and register again.
    3. You can try to sell the same worthless and unprofitable system.

Good luck on your journey....

#32     Feb 18, 2011
  3. Friendly advice for you:
    http://www.drugs.com/valium.html

I am trading it myself. Short Spx here with a stop around the highs. Very high probability for alrge move down. Yes i said that before but so what if you can leverage up with a tight stop and make much more than you lost in the earlier trade?

But yes i do hesitate to sell the information.

#33     Feb 18, 2011
  4. Still my shorts on and futures down.

#34     Feb 21, 2011
  5. Coincidently the day after you called your initial sell, I triggered a Buy (Feb. 3rd, 2011) which is still valid. Currently I'm up US$1,635.00 per contract on a 10 contract trade. My current stop locks in just under US$1,500.00 per contract profit.

Like the other posters here have told you, show results and you will get interest. Show loss and get flamed. Gann is an imprecise system that is based in too many variables to ever be consistent but the choice is all yours.

Great success on your journey.

[​IMG]

#35     Feb 21, 2011
  6. Great! :)
    There is no precise system. At least not that will last forever since the market learns from it´s misstakes.

#36     Feb 21, 2011
  7. Nothing is precise in a variable environment and as long as you use time or tick charts that will never change.

Volume charts are precise because volume is perfect. My charting has worked since the day I created them . . . since 2002. Been through a major Bear, Bull, Bear and now another Bull . . . no problems. Back-tested them to 1980 with the same results. Create some constant volume bar charts and overlay Gann on them and watch your results improve.

#37     Feb 21, 2011

8. Time first then volume and last price Gann said. True or not.
    But i consider vibration or time/price as most important. Gann angles. Since that is what drives the forces behidn supply and demand. Guess volume does to then.

#38     Feb 21, 2011
  9. This is why Gann has never been consistently accurate nor consistently profitable.

Markets are traded in contracts or shares not time.
    Individuals trade based on what they feel and they trade emotionally.
    When they wish to make an emotional commitment to execute a trade they purchase contracts or shares of individual instruments . . . THEY DO NOT BUY OR SELL TIME!
    Supply and demand can be viewed in volume traded and price action.
    Time is irrelevant to the process.
    No one decides to buy or sell an instrument based on the time of day it is, the day of the week or the angle of chart. Not professional traders that is.

If you want to use Gann, at least apply it to consistent charting, constant volume bars.

#39     Feb 21, 2011
  10. It takes time to build up enough energy. So yes time is crucial. That is why you not so often see a break of all supports untill some tests of the highs or other sideways move to collect "stupid money". The slope has to be right.
    can´t say much about volume bars but it is definitely interesting and something i will take a look at.

#40     Feb 21, 2011