Gann course

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dharmakaya, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hmm..Strange if it won´t turn around on Monday. It´s a large measurement so it´s hard to get exact but i expect a major move down very soon. Not so hard to tell just from watching the Nasdaq charts. Should have bought a put with 1 month or so to expiration instead. Will post more exact levels soon.

Well we did get a small down move at least. Put was up around 90%. But that is not enough for me.

#21     Feb 12, 2011
  2. danielc1

danielc1

I'm a big fan of Gann... I can setup charts with lines of turning points in advance at price and time... But I have also learned not to forcast the market and let the market tell me that there is a turn. This can be done with a volatility (atr for example) breakdown or breakout at an expected turning point.

Side note: the money is in the exit part, not in the entry part of any system or Guru teaching... Focus on entry's alone in a system is a losers game.

That are my two decades of experiences with trading...

#22     Feb 12, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Just a feedback for you: Nobody takes you seriously. Now you know...

How are the puts doing now???

Oh yeah, next time post your buying/selling in real time, not 1 day later when it has already moved in your favor...

#23     Feb 12, 2011

4. If you watch the journal you see i did not post any sell. But as the other guy said it´s about exits. If it was real money i would not have let a winner become a loser (like you)..

But i expected a larger move down for sure. But i will work some more on this myself to see what i missed.

#24     Feb 12, 2011
  5. The entry is important if it allows you a stop that is close compared to what you expect the target to be.

#25     Feb 12, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

But, but I was just about to fork over that thousand bucks for the course, you mean you won't take it?

#26     Feb 12, 2011
  7. :p

Still looks like an important top. Within a day or two.

#27     Feb 13, 2011
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Or apparently, three... But probably four, you just never know... Hell, even I was expecting a downturn by today...

Oh yes, how are the puts doing? I just want to get the P/L right, before I pay for the course....

[big fucking giant smiley]

#28     Feb 16, 2011
  9. Price is working way overtime now. I don´t expect it to go higher.

#29     Feb 17, 2011
  10. A couple of days when you are looking at major moves is not much. Now price confirms as well. If trading only price i would have a stop a few points above todays high.

#30     Feb 17, 2011