Gangster thuggery government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Arnie

Arnie

Name one person that this happened to.

#51     Sep 15, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

I would prefer paying for my insurance with U.S. healthcare any day of the week, over getting sick in Canada and relying on their system.

#52     Sep 15, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

*shrug* It's a matter of taste then I guess. I no longer use the US system and find Canada's quite alright. I no longer have a monthly premium to pay (formerly it was $40), so I assume it's part of my income tax, which is not high.

#53     Sep 15, 2010
  4. Just wait until you actually have a moderately serious health problem, or need some sort of testing or scan...

#54     Sep 15, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

I would have thought that would be evident after the story i shared about my dad earlier on this thread, but i guess that concept seems to be lost on most proponents of government healthcare, and unfortunately it is not a lesson that will be learned until it is them, or someone they know who is stuck waiting on tests/scans which could mean the difference between life or death.

#55     Sep 15, 2010
  6. In Canada, each province takes care of it's own healthcare and outcomes differ, sometimes greatly, from province to province. You were quite fortunate to get your wife's knees in 8 mos. In most cases in Canada, if you aren't hospitalized because of the injury, it's going to be 5-7 mos before you even get MRI scans, much less replacement surgery. Maybe Alberta actually has a decent system going on? They have the lowest taxes in Canada, so maybe they do other things right too??

Glad your wife got fixed up though. Guess she shouldn't be spending so much time on her knees :eek:

#56     Sep 15, 2010