Gang banger shot, supporters riot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Part of the plan, dump a lot of guns and a lot of drugs into an economically depressed area and watch em kill each other. This is SOP around the globe.

#31     Jul 24, 2012
  2. I dont get the fear thing...I mean, they already live in a neighborhood where they hear gunshots everynight and there is a chance one of them or their kids can get shot, but apparently the fear of snitching is slightly greater than the fear of getting hit with a random bullet meant for someone else.

Basically I think that everyone living in a situation like that is a coward. And thats why they live like they do. Until they rise up and stop being cowards, they will always live like that.

#32     Jul 24, 2012
  3. If black people stopped making babies with multiple partners generation after generation, the area wouldn't be economoically depressed.

The irish lived in shithole ghetto's after coming to America and made babies by the truckload in each family, but with good worth ethic and family values they pulled themselves up.

Why can't blacks do the same?

#33     Jul 24, 2012

4. The Irish for the most part were able to pull themselves up before the implementaion of the LBJ welfare state.

#34     Jul 24, 2012
  5. TGregg

TGregg

To quote P.J. O'Rourke, they didn't avoid poverty, what they avoided was *help*. And it wasn't some high and mighty, stand on your own two feet concept. It was just that government was not standing there with handouts, otherwise the same thing would (likely) have happened to the Irish.

If the blacks ever figure out how they've been sold into misery by their "leaders" and the democrats, there'll be quite an uprising. But I think the leaders have been just too good at it. Doubt the victims will ever be able to figure it out.

#35     Jul 24, 2012
  6. jem

jem

just to be sure...

my quote in full context...

Its odd...I do not usually get involved in this because we are all people. But, I do take offense when people act like western culture is inferior, or it is the problem. Not because it is white... but because the argument is bullshit.

Mel Gibsons apocalypto was brilliant.

If you are going to start playing the who has the better culture game. You better examine your "preferred" culture first.

#36     Jul 25, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That movie was horrible.

#37     Jul 25, 2012
  8. If only.

#38     Jul 25, 2012
  9. jem

jem

that was the point, that was the beauty of the presentation of the message. It was a sign of mel Gibsons brilliance.

he made a horrible movie, about the horrors of pre or non western culture

1. he did it to get people to see what those cultures might be like.

I remember right after the end, I said wtf... how could a guy who made such a thought provoking movie about Jesus then turn around and make this... is he off his rocker...

I wondered why he would do it.

2. Then I realized he was giving a big message to all those that were putting down his judeo christian culture and his choices.

In short, you love the natives, you say it is so sad western culture (mels judeo christian culture) came in, well this is what you are aggrandizing. Pick your continent... you want the natives or what the west has brought you.

That is mels message and it was delivered in a very powerful way... and it was delivered without preaching.

I therefore think mels movie manifests artistic brilliance. I wish I had the power the money and the skill to deliver messages through film like that.

I put it up there with with Swift's modest proposal for art that really hit me by surprise...out of the blue.

I read a modest proposal in english class as an assignment out of big readers. I had no idea what I was reading at first. It was pretty cool.

I felt the same way with apocalypto.

#39     Jul 25, 2012
  10. jem

jem

I just looked this up on Wiki..

I find the final quote really interesting...
    I really like Edward J Olmos as a actor, especially in battlestar galatica but being that he is jose la raza when it comes to la raza type things... his quote either makes him the complete leftist hollywood poser / fool or he is a truly sincere artist who even appreciates his own culture being put down as the subject of great art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypto

Apocalypto gained some passionate champions in the Hollywood community. Actor Robert Duvall called it "maybe the best movie I've seen in 25 years".[39][40] Director Quentin Tarantino said, "I think it's a masterpiece. It was perhaps the best film of that year. I think it was the best artistic film of that year."[41] Actor Edward James Olmos said, "I was totally caught off guard. It's arguably the best movie I've seen in years. I was blown away."[21]

#40     Jul 25, 2012