Game Plan for tomorrows employment numbers

Discussion in 'Forex' started by globalfxllc, May 6, 2004.

1. pspr

pspr

Looks like you could be setting yourself up for a little sheering yourself. Hope your wool is thick or your luck is exceptional! :D

#11     May 6, 2004
  2. 30 pip loser to make 100 to 150 seems like a good risk reward.

#12     May 6, 2004
  3. Looks like some analysts are upping their numbers. bear is at 180k now! perfect.

#13     May 6, 2004
  4. and funny sizes on the bid since 3 pm EST in euro

400 - 600 size on bid within 5 pips ( ticks ) to keep market

off the lows ....

#14     May 6, 2004
  5. thought your safe strategy at globel fx is to not play anything

just before the big numbers ?

oh I get it ... try to take advantage of the so called stop

loss no slippage offered by FXCM ?

wonder if they will stop offering that one someday

#15     May 6, 2004
  6. with respect to the monthly jobs number. Which again is once a month along with the fact that we will only lose 30 pips to make 100 to 150 i am willing to give the guys a shot. if I didnt have guaranteed stops I would never let them do it.

This number is USUALLY a straight up or straight down move so we SHOULDNT get whipped around and stopped out.

It has worked 3 months in a row but you never know this one might not. especially now that I have posted it to the world!

#16     May 6, 2004
  7. I think the stock market and dollar are gonna whip around.. the market is prepared for anything.

A high number is good for some.. and bad for others. U can make a case for both sides. Unless we get a really high number then the dollar might make a big move... 300k+

My gut tells me it will be more of a muted number... somewhere in the 200's.

#17     May 6, 2004
  8. guess GLOBALFXLLC is running this fx scam until football season starts up again.........what a load of shit.

grimer11

#18     May 6, 2004

9. GlobalFX Guys,

This is true - why would anyone possibly think that taking such a position with only a 20 PIP stop in front of such major news is a good idea?

What, you can see into the heads of thousands of traders, bankers and hedgers and predict how they will react?

I do happen to trade FX futures and can assure anyone (from bitter experience) that this type of trading is just like betting on "black" or "red" and HOPING.

T/A usually goes out the window during news reactions. Only after the dust settles can one then see that some support or resistance has been established.

The highest probability on a trade like this is getting stopped out.

I really can't believe you would advise other traders like this - bad advice IMO.

Regards,

Paul

#19     May 6, 2004
  10. you obviosly have never traded with GUARANTEED STOPS.

take a look at what the market has done on the monthly jobs number.

then tell us what you think.

#20     May 6, 2004