Gambling Pure and Simple

Discussion in 'Journals' started by wannabehftrader, Apr 10, 2005.

1. have i been thru boom or bust? yes
    i have been trading full time since april 2001, and many years part time.

#11     Apr 10, 2005
  2. a little more info on my trading style.
    like is said earlier i have about 50 stocks on my watchlist, 2 step process on entering trade. I have researched these 50 stocks heavily and i gave them between 1 star and 5 star for the best.
    So i get a long term bias by my rersearch(fundamental) and i will enter my trade based on T/A only on the side of my bias. Example
    Say xyz stock i am negative on because of fundamentals, i will only daytrade short xyz in fear that if i were to go long and bad news hits the market the stock will tank majorly. And the opposite holds true about going long stocks i like.

1 star short
    2 star short
    3 star long or short
    4 star long
    5 star long

#12     Apr 10, 2005
  3. history of me:D

1991 graduated high school
    1993 graduated cc with an AA
    1996 graduated uni with BS in Accounting

Was a corporate monkey from 1991-2001
    jobs held in order starting in 1994
    assistant payroll supervisor
    Payroll Supervisor
    Accountant
    Cost Analyst
    Assistant Controller

In 2004 decided to give being a financial Advisor a try. What a crock that was SALES SALES SALES SALES, not for me :p

So i have been thru a lot, and my only passion is in trading, My key i have to remember is be patient don't force the trade, a little descipline is what i need most in my opinion.
    Time to go lay out by the pool and read a book (My life as a Quant)

#13     Apr 10, 2005
  4. Got that...Good Luck!!

#14     Apr 11, 2005
  5. traderob

traderob

This sounds like fun, good luck.

#15     Apr 11, 2005
  6. Pre market routine!!!
    Starbucks 5:30 am,,,,,,,, check
    checking my list of stocks and charts and putting the top 5 i will most likely trade today, and memorizing why i like or dislike them and look for key support and resistance levels for which i will be trading off of in 3 hours, checking the futures the naz and russell 2000 charts. i have the news alert on as well if for some readon they release some key news.,,,,,,, i will work on this part till 8 am and see ifi get any premarket bites on INET ARCA.
    All systems go , goal for the day is 600 bucks net.
    Just wish i had an IV ofstarbucks coffee here to keep me rolling, just kidding,i thnk we rebound today but it's still early oil is down overnight so i am looking for longs today, i will post results after after each roundtrip if i dont have another setup happening.
    I feel positive andvery good this am. Note to self when you throw out the line and they bite to quick hold off and be patient on the next cast. start position off at 2k shares and increase if the fish arent biting.

#16     Apr 11, 2005

7. The largets group of consistent losers is composed primarily of doctors, lawyers, engineers, scientists, CEOs, wealthy retirees, and entrepreneurs, further more most of the industry best market analysts are the worst traders imaginable.

Bottom line is smarts ain't got nothing to do with trading, its all about your ATTITUDE!

#17     Apr 11, 2005
  8. short MUSE 6000 avg 5.23, for some reason i am always biased with negativity:confused:

#18     Apr 11, 2005
  9. closed it out 5.20 netted me $109 first trade, made 2 mistakes, wasnt patient on the short or cover, patience patience patience get it thru your thick skull:mad:

#19     Apr 11, 2005
  10. Patience... is it that easy? What if you patiently wait and a winner turns into a loser? How do you resolve such a dilemma?

#20     Apr 11, 2005