Gambling LNKD - warning

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, May 19, 2011.

1. I forget - what does Linkedin make again...? :D

They pumping this one up. How can you hook fish without bait? :D

#11     May 19, 2011
  2. hajimow

hajimow

LinkEdin is good for one thing. Its application is killing stupid and greedy investors.

#12     May 19, 2011
  3. Locutus

Locutus

Get real noobs. The main thing about LinkedIn is that the information they have access to does not show up on the balance sheet, not int he least because doing so directly would spook their users, but there is a whole lotta value there.

#13     May 19, 2011
  4. olias

olias

I think that LinkedIn is benefiting from the hype and success of Facebook. To me there are some important differences. I'm not high on this stock, but again, no telling how long the irrational exuberance will last.

#14     May 19, 2011
  5. hajimow

hajimow

Now LNKD market cap is higher than XLNX and ALTR combined. XLNX and ALTR are two biggest FPGA/CPLD chip companies. LNKD and ALTR and XLNX are not in the same sector but that is they way I can visualize LNKD's valuation. Unblievable.

That makes S&P volunarable to higher volatility. Investors will buy or short and will lose big and their other assets will get liquidated.

#15     May 19, 2011
  6. You don't have to buy - just rent it.

Over and over again.

Or, you can try to hold it for a while...

They laying the ground for the Facebook IPO. Don't spook them. Got to lead them in...gradually... :D

#16     May 19, 2011
  7. Where was the actual entry point that we could have gotten in at today?

#17     May 19, 2011
  8. I posted for them to sell this turd at 101.50, 1 minute later it was 95.

#18     May 19, 2011
  9. just start a site that pays people to join. shell out a few million , then ipo at 10 billion.

dont forget to thank me

#19     May 19, 2011
  10. That was fun stuff back then. I was at MER and those IPO's would make the day go by so fast.
    ET had a thread with a list of all the good ones.
    CMRC (commerce one) was sick
    Broadcast.com , Broadcom,
    Oh, man..those were the good ole days.

#20     May 19, 2011