Gambler vs Trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, Feb 22, 2011.

1. yeah not bad. thanks

#51     Mar 8, 2011
  2. According to your statement, assuming that their monthly returns averages to 75%, their $10,000 in initial capital would be worth a million in just eight months and seven days!

EDIT: My bad, read it wrong as I assumed the initial capital is $10,000. It gets worse- using the same 75% assumption, the 100,000 capital would be worth a million in four months and four days.

#52     Apr 8, 2011
  3. It's all explained here...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0Hdujz7CcA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0Hdujz7CcA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>:D

#53     Apr 9, 2011
  4. Pita

Pita

retail trading and gambling are almost identical. What marks the difference is the luck factor which is unquestioned in gambling but denied or misinterpreted in trading.
    Now if you just could admit that you are gambling when trading and apply the appropriate approach you would have much higher chances of winning simply because you would instinctively work out a very fine sense for risk and therewith easily recognize when and where to play.

#54     Apr 9, 2011
  5. emg is a gambler but he doesn't know it. People like him are known as closet gamblers.

#55     Apr 9, 2011
  6. Is-ought fallacy in logic :(

#56     Apr 9, 2011
  7. If the DOW collapses 90% monday morning....will you be ok?

If the DOW rises 100% monday morning,will you hit the jackpot?

If your answer to both questions is not Yes you are gambling.

And thats ok.

#57     Apr 9, 2011

8. Your post is PURE BS!!!

#58     Apr 9, 2011
  9. piezoe

piezoe

emg, is there any hard evidence of that that you know of? My gut feeling has always been just the opposite, i.e., that successful trading had little to do with whether one had an advanced degree, and such might even be a hindrance.

#59     Apr 9, 2011
  10. emg

emg

#60     Jul 13, 2011