Gambler. Always the best.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by coolweb, Jan 18, 2006.

1. hey superman...get off your high horse..(literally)

Mr Reeves was a brave man...bless his soul, I think God used him as an example, for the world to see the most powerful fail...

coolweb...good trading to you :)

Michael B.

#41     Jan 19, 2006
  2. ok
    my experiement has ended

SYNA - 4.75%
    HYSL - 4.87%

Down a few k , money I have to make up tomorrow.

It was fun, but not as relishing as my usual trades where I am in full control.

Time to clean up and close out positions tomorrow.

#42     Jan 19, 2006
  3. you hold positions overnight? no fear of events from the next morning? i'm not an active trader but am toying with the idea of becoming more active. right now i only place a few trades a year and hold them for weeks or months at a time, but i'm trying to get a feel for the differences involved in trading more actively.

#43     Jan 19, 2006
  4. lol... it's actually kind of fun to try and extrapolate the bs that coolio is posting by analyzing the responses to his posts. Let's see, there was some talk of his posting a paper trading blotter here... so what could he be saying he 'doesn't give a shit' about?

Maybe he's saying that he doesn't give a shit about his credibility on these forums. Yes, that would explain why he continues to come here and get abused by the most respected members of this site, why he comes on and posts lies about his positions and about his trading, why he starts thread after thread about his paper trading, why he pretends to be profitable.

Because he doesn't give a shit! Yeah... that's it.

#44     Jan 19, 2006
  5. Syna/HYSL both closed in the morning when market opened.
    down avg 5-7.5%

AOS let to ride up 10%+

Still in portfolio

Probably down $1-2k or so.
    AOS was a good lifesaver.

End of experiement.

Don't gamble lol :D
    That fed my rush for my current lifetime :)

#45     Jan 20, 2006
  6. Dude, if you have as much money as you say you have, I dont understand why losing 2k is a big deal?

#46     Jan 20, 2006
  7. I don't even like losing $100 on any of my trades

let alone $2k.

Although I don't see where you noticed I thought it was a big deal, more of like a test, fail, close positions and move on experiment :)

#47     Jan 20, 2006
  8. Losing money is a part of the game. Its unavoidable. The bigger the position, the bigger the loss when you are wrong. Just like the bigger the gain when you are right. This is how the market works.

This is exactly why I dont understand how you are going to be able to take 20K shares of a stock with such an extremely low risk tolerance?

QUOTE]Quote from coolweb:

I don't even like losing $100 on any of my trades

let alone $2k.

Although I don't see where you noticed I thought it was a big deal, more of like a test, fail, close positions and move on experiment :)
    [/QUOTE]

#48     Jan 20, 2006
  9. Steve,

I said I don't like losing $100 + , didn't say I don't get stopped out every now and then probably 40%.

The most per shares per entry I think would be 5k shares per entry. (depending on liquidity) of course much more on msft or something.

But for normal stocks 2M+, 5k easy entry easy out as long as its on the bid.

20k is impossible for one entry, because the exit would be impossible for risk control unless stop is wider

I think the key to putting on 20k positions, isn't the stops.
    but it is the confidence, it must be so in sync with other things that there is no question.

The stock will go up this moment, this second.
    And your lot is going to anchor it.

BUY 20,000 MARKET.

:)

What you think?

#49     Jan 20, 2006
  10. mizer

mizer

What happened Coolio not posting anymore picks:confused: You blow up your account playa :eek:

#50     Feb 11, 2006