Gallup: Tea Party Movement as Large as Nation’s Entire Liberal Population

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Aug 20, 2011.

1. I thought they said this movement was over? Perhaps they meant liberalism.

Tea Party Movement as Large as Nation’s Entire Liberal Population, Say Gallup Polls
    Friday, August 05, 2011
    By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - The percentage of Americans who expressly state that they are supporters of the Tea Party movement is currently about as large at 22 percent of the population as the 21 percent who say they are liberals, according to recent but separate Gallup polls.

Meanwhile, at 41 percent of the population, according to Gallup, self-described conservatives outnumber both Tea Party movement supporters and liberals by nearly 2-to-1.

In separate polls done on July 27 and August 2, 23 and 22 percent of respondents told Gallup they considered themselves supporters of the Tea Party movement. These polls (each of which was conducted in one day) had a margin of error of +/-4 points, and Gallup warned that polls conducted in one day “are subject to additional error or bias not found in polls conducted over several days.”

In fact, the July 27 and August 2 polls showed a considerably smaller percentage of Americans saying they were Tea Party supporters than previous Gallup polls conducted over three- and four-day periods.

For example, a Gallup survey conducted April 20-23 of this year, found that 30 percent of Americans described themselves as Tea Party supporters. Similarly, a Gallup poll conducted Jan. 14-16 of this year also found that 30 percent of Americans described themselves as Tea Party supporters.

In previous Gallup polling, Tea Party support had hit a low of 26 percent in a series of polls conducted in October 2010—immediately before the midterm congressional elections—and peaked at 36 percent on Nov. 4-7, 2010—immediately after the midterm congressional elections.

In polling conducted through the first half of 2011, and published Aug. 1, Gallup discovered that 21 percent of Americans described themselves as liberals. That is the same percentage that described themselves as liberals in Gallup surveys in 2010 and 2009.

Also in polling conducted over the first half of 2011, 41 percent of Americans told Gallup they were conservatives. That is up from the 40 percent who told Gallup they were conservatives in 2009 and 2010.

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The polls are wrong, there is a much higher percentage of the population that is extremely liberal, but they actually think they are mainstream.

Bernie Goldberg explains the phenomena best here:

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/warning-conservatives-may-be-harmful-to-your-mental-health/

3. Eight

Eight

Sure, the liberal bias in the news is some kind of mixup... Like the way Ron Paul gets left out of the news when he is only a couple hundred votes behind the winner??

There was a huge demonstration in Washington DC once, it was said to be the biggest one ever up until that time. It was Pro-Life... it did not get coverage by any MSM outlet!! That was decades ago and it was proof enough to me that if I want info I'd better get it myself and never depend on the MSM...

4. Illum

Illum

The media and government keeps making fun of tea-party saying they ruined themselves.........Um....... I think they made themselves stronger than ever. How is Weiner's seat in danger to a republican? It's been Democrat since 1923 lol. I'm not claiming they would go so far as tea-party, but more conservative there is stunning.

Let us remember that 95% of the calls coming into Congress said do not bail them out. They did it anyway. Media thinks it can hide this.