Gallup Shock: 'Republican' Beats Obama by 8%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bone, Jul 14, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Gallup 'Shocker'

July 14, 2011

"Republican Candidate" Extends Lead vs. Obama to 47% to 39%

Margin marks first statistically significant lead among registered voters

by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- Registered voters by a significant margin now say they are more likely to vote for the "Republican Party's candidate for president" than for President Barack Obama in the 2012 election, 47% to 39%. Preferences had been fairly evenly divided this year in this test of Obama's re-election prospects.

The latest results are based on a July 7-10 poll, and show that the Republican has an edge for the second consecutive month. Obama held a slight edge in May, when his approval rating increased after the death of Osama bin Laden. As his rating has come back down during the last two months, so has his standing on the presidential "generic ballot

2. Last republican president i voted for said that with the Bush tax cuts all federal debts will be paid off by 2011,,I will NOT vot for any incumbent,,nor will I likely vote for a republican president, although I have been voting republican for 3 decades, I am either going libertarian or I dont know what. Republicans have been so reckless with our economics I simply have no words, at least dems tax and spend. God Bless us all and the United States of America

3. bone

bone

The most anti-business president in history in terms of enacting new regulations and taxes on businesses. His negative rhetoric against business, his demonic demogoguery of the American business model, is without parallel in our nation's history. President Obama has put his foot on the throat of American business, and he intends to keep it there. His QE printing press, his nationalization of businesses, his cabinet and czarist appointments are tasked to pick winners and losers in the private enterprise sector based upon progressive ideology, political correctness and green empathy - wholey subjective interpretations without technical or empirical merit.

According to Investors Business Daily, 2 million net private-sector jobs have been lost; unemployment has increased by 1.5 percentage points; long-term unemployment is the worst ever on record; the dollar is 12 percent weaker; the number of Americans on food stamps has increased by 37 percent; the Misery Index (unemployment plus inflation) has increased by 62 percent; and the national debt has exploded by an alarming 40 percent. Mr. Obama is on pace to saddle America with more job-killing debt than all the first 43 presidents - combined.

Our recession has degenerated into an Obama recession.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

With I think one exception I voted independent or libertarian right down the line in last years mid term election. I'd never even heard of any of them. I didn't care. Next year it's 100% NO FUCKING INCUMBENTS.

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bone

bone

Quinnipac Poll, same one as AK posted:

"American voters disapprove 56 - 38 percent of the way President Barack Obama is handling the economy"

And it is the economy, stupid.

7. Quinnipac Poll, same one as AK posted:

"the Quinnipiac poll finds more Americans trust the president on the issue (the economy)than the GOP congress, 45 percent to 38 percent."

8. rc8222

rc8222

LOL!!!!! I love how outdated the majority of your polling data is!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

9. Romney,Bachmenn and Palin all include July polls and Obama is beating them by 6,12 and 19

#10     Jul 14, 2011