Gallup Poll Widens: Romney 51%, Obama 45%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 17, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

These results are for likely voters, who are the respondents Gallup deems most likely to vote based on their responses to a series of questions asking about current voting intentions, thought given to the election, and past voting behavior. Each seven-day rolling average is based on telephone interviews with approximately 2,700 likely voters; margin of error is ±2 percentage points.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157817/election-2012-likely-voters-trial-heat-obama-romney.aspx

2. hughb

hughb

Not too bad for Romney, he's out of the margin of error in the likely voters poll and he just pulled ahead in the registered voters poll, even if they're still in the margin of error on that one. Still too close to call, in my opinion, but it shows Romney's running a decent campaign.

3. pspr

pspr

I think it is only too close to call because we have one more debate and we have yet to experience Obama's October surprise.

A 5% national lead is quite formidable presented from Gallup. A 5% win in the election is almost a blow out. And, I can't see the battleground states giving the electoral college win to Obama if the popular vote is as wide as 5%. If anything, the vote should widen for Romney as we close in on election day barring a big external news event.

4. Bookmarked for when Obama wins

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You gonna KEEP it bookmarked if he loses?

6. pspr

pspr

He's promised to be an ET ghost <s>if</s> when Obama loses.

7. pspr

pspr

Carl Rove just mentioned that Obama has never had 50% in the likely voter Gallup poll and every candidate with 50% or better in mid October with the Gallup likely voter poll has gone on to win the election.

8. He wont lose

9. Intrade Markets widen :Romney 34%, Obama 65%

[​IMG]

10. jem

jem

nice call on the sup ct contest.

and don't bother showing me a few select charts.

show me cases where intrade is quite opposite a major poll like gallup or rasmuessen.

#10     Oct 17, 2012