Gallup Poll: Majority Thinks GOP Has Moved Right Since Obama Took Office

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Sep 17, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

No, I'll stay on topic. Romney is irrelevant and I am not familiar with the other entity you mentioned.

Yeah, the republicans have moved to the right. Do you draw some conclusion from that or is it just the cut-and-paste job for the morning?

#11     Sep 17, 2010
  2. Now that made me laugh out loud!

#12     Sep 17, 2010
  3. He is not irrelevant, he passed a healthcare mandate too and conservative think tank Heritage promoted a very similar plan.

Why don't you just answer the question, YES Or NO, why is that hard?

Yes or No?

#13     Sep 17, 2010
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

As I said, I am not familiar enough to comment.

Unlike you I tend to keep quiet unless I actually know something pertinent or have some idea to express etc.

I have heard that Mass is heavily taxed and is somewhat Marxist in its administration. I'll confine my comments to that since that is all I have heard.

#14     Sep 17, 2010
  5. Here is more information for you, no need to go by hearsay.

The Heritage Foundation is a conservative American think tank based in Washington, D.C.

The foundation took a leading role in the conservative movement during the presidency of Ronald Reagan, whose policies drew significantly from Heritage's policy study Mandate for Leadership..Heritage has since continued to have a significant influence in U.S. public policy making, and is considered to be one of the most influential conservative research organizations in the United States.

Heritage's stated mission is to "formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heritage_Foundation

The Massachusetts health care insurance reform law, enacted in 2006, mandates that nearly every resident of Massachusetts obtain a state-government-regulated minimum level of healthcare insurance coverage and provides free health care insurance for residents earning less than 150% of the federal poverty level

In November 2004, political leaders began advocating for major reforms of the Massachusetts health care insurance system to expand coverage. First, the Senate President Robert Travaglini called for a plan to reduce the number of uninsured by half. A few days later, the Governor, Mitt Romney, announced that he would propose a plan to cover virtually all of the uninsured.

On April 12, 2006 Governor Mitt Romney signed the health legislation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massachusetts_health_care_reform

Now tell me, are both Heritage Foundation and Mitt Romney Marxists?

#15     Sep 17, 2010
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The truth is that I don't actually read the tripe you post in the form of articles and graphs and charts because you never really draw any conclusion or engage in subsequent meaningful discussion. You quickly take a turn onto some tangent and start equivocating unrelated matters. You are a scatterbrain if you will excuse my parlance.

Your own thread and you will no longer address the topic? Fine, we're all done here.

#16     Sep 17, 2010
  7. I am on topic, facts are in front of you and now just waiting for you to answer a simple Yes or No question which you keep dodging and dodging for some reason. :p

#17     Sep 17, 2010
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

no. if you understood the differences between Mass healthcare and Obama care (and possessed a slightly higher IQ outside of just trying to troll) then you'd know that.

additionally, just one of those mentioned issues does not a marxist make. its all of them combined. its the pattern

#18     Sep 17, 2010
  9. Here comes more red herring, strawman and ad hominem. - all together ofcourse.

So you tell me whether the Heritage ( a national plan) and Romney Health care mandates were Marxist or not, Yes or No.

#19     Sep 17, 2010