Gallup: Majority Favors Suspending Work on Healthcare Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom B, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Tom B

Tom B

January 22, 2010
    In U.S., Majority Favors Suspending Work on Healthcare Bill
    Seven in 10 say Massachusetts election result reflects frustrations shared by Americans
    by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the wake of Republican Scott Brown's victory in Tuesday's U.S. Senate election in Massachusetts, the majority of Americans (55%) favor Congress' putting the brakes on its current healthcare reform efforts and considering alternatives that can obtain more Republican support. Four in 10 Americans (39%) would rather have House and Senate Democrats continue to try to pass the bill currently being negotiated in conference committee.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125327/M...edium=email&utm_campaign=rcp-today-newsletter

2. real reform died in the senate with all the compromises to try and get a couple of republican votes. that turned out to be a sham by republicans to delay. it worked. what came out of the senate is a bill written by the insurance industry for the insurance industry. even though there might be a couple of good things in there it is not defensable as reform so it may as well just die.

3. Lol. Dems f'd this up all on their own. Now own it!

4. Ricter

Ricter

That would indicate the reps had no opposition to the bill, or if they did, that they were "all on their own" powerless to do anything about it.

5. Tom B

Tom B

Democrats made those compromises to hold the 60 senator democratic caucus together in order to overcome a republican filibuster.

6. rc822

rc822

The corrupt Democratic machine even proposed hundreds of millions of dollars in tax cuts/kickbacks to Senators Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, and Ben Nelson of Nebraska to buy their health care votes. This is more commonly known as the Louisiana Purchase, and Cornhusker kickback!!! And still, the Democrats couldn't accomplish anything. lol The bumbling Democrats make George W. Bush look like Albert Einstein. LOL!!! :p

7. maxpi

maxpi

I called my insurance company with a procedure code and asked how much my policy would pay. I was told that they could not tell me that! The way they treat a customer is outrageous. I had to kick it back to the doctor and tell them to prepare an accurate estimate of how much I have to pay up front to get the work done...

I'll be happy if these Democrats can simply pass some legislation like maybe... "The Insured's Bill of Rights" or something... if they don't then forget that s%^t, might as well have Republicans, at least we know where they are coming from....

That stupid Obama ignored the banking reregulation for so long that he lost cred on that issue too.. what's he going to do for an encore, free the slaves from the ghetto?