Gallup: Americans Less Positive Since Carter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 22, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Fewer than four-in-10 Americans (39 percent) rate the US in a positive manner – the most negative feedback the country has produced since 1979.

A new Gallup poll finds that Americans are as negative about the country’s prospects as they have been in more than three decades. Americans are more upbeat in their predictions of where the U.S. will be in five years (48 percent positive), but this is the lowest rating since an August 1979 Gallup poll was conducted.

The negativity about the current state of the US has a politically partisan split – Republicans stated that the country’s best days have already passed and Democrats say the best days have not happened yet. Seventy-five percent of Democrats gave positive reviews of how the nation will be five years from now, but only 15 percent of Republicans were positive – a 60 percent partisan gap.

As a whole, fifty-five percent of Americans say the state of the nation five years ago (under Bush) was positive.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013...its-lowest-point-since-carter-administration/

2. I read that poll in another paper. First thing I thought of was why didn't they take that poll a few days before the election? Im sure the results would have been the same.

Frankly, we didn't need a poll. The people knew they were voting for a black Jimmy Carter.

3. Cant trust gallup(or rasmuessen),they had Romney ahead of obama in most of their biased polls

4. jem

jem

5. pspr

pspr

I think it was turnout and some voter fraud. Many conservatives didn't have enough sense to get out to vote AGAINST Obama. Those who wanted their government handouts to continue turned out in droves.

6. Yep:D

7. So you admit bo won because of his intent to spread govt freebies?

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

They and their bleeding heart cheer leaders now outnumber the productive tax payers.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Did you lie in your trading journal?
    Did you lie about flying lessons?
    Did you lie about being in harms way?
    Did you lie about having a GF that had dumped your ass long before?
    Did you chicken out of the Combine after challenging me?
    Do you perform enemas?
    Do you carry bed pans?
    Did you blow up your $1 account?
    Are you a product of affirmative action?
    Were you relegated to third shift do to incompetence?

10. pspr

pspr

LOL!!!! Good one, Lucrum! :D :D

#10     Jan 23, 2013