Gain Capital or FuturesOnline.com (was OEC) data delays

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MBAGearhead, Feb 5, 2020.

1. old coot

old coot

I am getting conflicting answers but want to know if anybody here knows where your stop and target orders are kept. I've been told by a couple of the IB's they're at the exchange, but my research indicates they're at the brokerage. So, if I enter a trade, knowing the problems Gain Capital is having with a bracket attached, and the platform goes down....Will the stop or targhet execute, even if Gain Capital OEC is broke(like this morning). I know I'm not wording this exactly right, but if I were to have gone long ES at at the lock down this morning of 2595, with bracket of 2620 target and 2575 stop, with Gain frozen, market opened, went up then down, would the target have executed, even with Gain Capital down? Or, when Gain came back online, would it execute the stop at the current price at that moment? ES gapped to above the target, but when Gain came back online, it was at 2560.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, I'm brand new on this forum, and have followed this thread a couple days since I have the exact same problems, since I also use Gain capital.

#21     Mar 13, 2020
  2. @old coot, orders are at the exchange I believe. Double check with your broker.

In other news, I am told Gain rolled out a fix last night to alleviate the price feed issues. So far, so good. Fingers crossed this price delay is behind us!!:thumbsup:

#22     Mar 20, 2020
  3. Fonz

Fonz

I agree, it is much better today. But unfortunately, I still have a very small delayed prices / quotes on the DOMs vs Tradestation and IB.
    There is also a trust issue..

#23     Mar 20, 2020
  4. Agree with Fonz, still NOT quite right.

Turner: I'd like to go back to New York. (Gain Futures)
    Joubert: You have not much future there. It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift.
    Turner: You seem to understand it all so well. What would you suggest?
    Joubert: Personally, I prefer Europe.( Other Brokers)
    Turner: Europe? (Other Brokers)
    Joubert: Yes. Well, the fact is, what I do is not a bad occupation. Someone is always willing to pay. ( Give me better Service)
    Turner: I would find it… tiring.
    Joubert: Oh, no — it's quite restful. It's… almost peaceful. No need to believe in either side, or any side. There is no cause. There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision. ( This is hard enough without worrying about my Broker)
    Turner: I was born in the United States, Joubert. I miss it when I'm away too long.( I really like Gain Futures Platform)
    Joubert: A pity.
    Turner: I don't think so.
    [Joubert pauses, then holds out a gun to Turner]
    Joubert: For that day. (When you finally realize it is time to move on)

#24     Mar 20, 2020
    Fonz likes this.