Gain Capital or FuturesOnline.com (was OEC) data delays

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MBAGearhead, Feb 5, 2020.

1. 022720DelaysProduction.png

#11     Feb 27, 2020
  2. Fonz

Fonz

Today was the worst of the worst. Huge data delays and now the DOM for ES and other markets were just frozen for minutes.
    I use IB, Tradestation and since few months I opened an account with Cannon Trading (Gain+E-Futures).
    Stay away from Cannon, Gain and E-Futures (OEC) !!
    If you complain, you will have that kind of answer from Cannon Trading: " This is something we have experienced across the board with CQG, TT,. Rithmic, GAIN and others."
    Stay away from Cannon, Gain and E-Futures (OEC) !!

#12     Feb 27, 2020
  3. Fonz

Fonz

Thank you Patrick for the link.

To day traders and TT users: Did you have reliable market data, good executions and a stable trading station this week?
    As this is one of the best week ever to day trade, it should be an easy answer.

Any thoughts regarding charting, order execution & management, speed, DOMs, reliability... ?
    Thank you all.

#14     Feb 27, 2020
  4. First, I would like to thank MBAGearhead for opening this thread. After studying your attachments, I noticed that ES and NQ lagged both CME products. YM a CBOT product did NOT lag. this confirmed my own observations.

Although, I rarely trade YM, for the last two trading sessions, I have successfully traded YM, seemingly without a hitch. Having said that. It clearly does NOT absolve GCAP, I believe Gain Futures is gaslighting traders in regard to these data issues. There is a real problem. Heck, we see the Rithmic Advisory on Market Movements.
    Also, I would stress this does NOT represent a recommendation. Your mileage may vary.

Second, During this massive selloff don't you find it odd that GCAP has NOT raised margin requirements? This has been the standard practice for years.

I will end with this.

Joe Turner:
    Why?

Joubert:
    I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much".

#15     Feb 28, 2020
    Fonz likes this.
  5. A lot better this week but still delays, mostly in the opening 10 min. or so. Gain tells me "We are aware of the problem, we remain committed, and are working diligently to resolve the matter. This matter is our highest priority item." 030620Delays.png

#16     Mar 6, 2020
  6. March 10th...
    031020Delays.png

#17     Mar 10, 2020
  7. tomas262

tomas262

Now it is not working at all ... OEC won't even start ... it says "check your internet connection" ... right, my other 2 platforms/brokers are working great :)

#18     Mar 13, 2020
  8. I know! Same... First limit up day in eons and all we can do is imagine where we'd place trades. :(

#19     Mar 13, 2020
  9. tomas262

tomas262

and it happened about 2 days ago too! glad I moved most of my futures spreads operations to IB recently... Gain used to be a good broker for spread trading and quite stable but this seems really bad. Under normal circumstances some connection drops are fine and expected but during this period it has to be rock-solid ...

#20     Mar 13, 2020