Gain Capital or FuturesOnline.com (was OEC) data delays

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MBAGearhead, Feb 5, 2020.

1. I've documented this problem extensively over past 5 months with my broker but it continues. During fast markets, Gain data feed falls behind and can take anywhere from a few seconds to 5+ minutes to catch back up. Price on Gain's DOM or charts is incorrect during these periods making trading nearly impossible. My only saving grace is I also have Ninjatrader with IQ Feed data so I know when Gain gets out of sync.

Gain tells me they have identified problem with developers and are working on a solution (for past month now) but it does not seem to be a priority to fix or is just painfully slow. My frustration level each day is high when these delays occur.

Consider this a friendly warning to anyone considering Gain or who may not have a redundant reliable data feed like DTN IQFeed for comparison. I'm still hopeful they fix issue soon but am losing patience.

020520Delays.png

2. traider

traider

Why don't you try to take advantage and arb GAIN when their data is lagging. They probably take the other side of your orders

3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

IMO, Gain (formerly OEC) is the worst futures broker/FCM out there. Particularly if day-trading.

After 5 months of (documented) data lags there is no way you can dismiss the issue with a generalized "no broker, no FCM, no data feed is perfect" explanation.

Move on... there are many, much better futures brokers/FCMs out there. One is possibly very close to perfect for your style/type of trading.

4. MBAGearhead

You are exactly right. The data is unreliable, especially during fast markets. At least they have acknowledge the problem to you rather denying their is a problem or is somehow your fault. The second question is this really independent Gain Futures data or a CQG overlay. Either way, your observation mirrors mine and is correct.

5. Problem continues... Yesterday for about 15 min. the EMinis were minutes behind! Below is from a Demo account on a separate computer. The same issue was on my trading computer in a live production account. (proving the issue is not my computer). Why the hell was the YM keeping up just fine? Thanks for confirming @IndexTrader11 that others are seeing same thing. 022020DelaysDemo.png

6. Right again. I experienced the same issue during the same time period yesterday. On the other hand, my native CQG feed was rock solid in comparison and did not have a lag. Interestingly, today during the "Fast Market " I did NOT experience a lag.

MBAGearhead likes this.
  7. Nothing like futures opening down 3% and the DOM being totally wrong for first 14 min.!
    022420DelaysProduction.png

8. Exactly, Gain Futures is fully aware of the problem. There was a time when you called them on this they would at issue a system wide warning. As a public company they have an obligation to warn about this as well as fix it. I guess that is why GCAP is down to $3.50, not even a takeover target.

MBAGearhead likes this.
  9. Well, Well, Well, although the lag has become a daily occurrence, yesterday was especially bad. INTL FCStone Inc,which is a S&P 600 component, has taken over
    GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. for $6 /share. INTL currently Bid $32.57 yesterday close $45.23. GCAP Bid $5.89.
    Can we hope for improvement, time will tell.

10. #10     Feb 27, 2020