Gadhafi is a puss

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 18, 2011.

1. olias

olias

hey, it's not 'our people' right? none of our business, right?

who cares if innocent people are being mowed down?

#11     Mar 18, 2011
  2. olias

olias

What I would tell you is that I would give a damn. I gave you 2 reasons earlier that make this situation our business. Libya obviously has special significance strategically, but even if it didn't I would always argue as human beings, we have a duty to protect each other and stick up for one another's basic human rights. There's no doubt in my mind this is the right thing to do, and I also believe that it is this kind of mind set that could put the world on a much better path for the future

#12     Mar 18, 2011
  3. That makes two of us, but we ain't running the show. The boys that are running the show are all about the dollar. If it ain't profitable...die.
    Problem is, a better world isn't as profitable as the one we have, and those in charge would happily carve up their own mothers and sell them by the pound if there was any money in it.

#13     Mar 18, 2011
  4. olias

olias

Be that as it may, I don't think it has to continue to be that way. But if we don't speak up and push for change, then it will always be that way. If we all just throw up our hands and accept 'this is how it is' and 'there's nothing I can do' then, again nothing changes.

We all have power. Especially in this day, more than ever before. We can get our ideas out and our voices heard.

'you can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher'

#14     Mar 18, 2011
  5. olias

olias

I'm not sure that's true. Why do you think that would be the case?

My vision of a better world is where the international community can come together and stomp out abusive, sociopathic leaders like Gadhafi. If that were the case we probably wouldn't need to spend so much money on our military. We could spend it in other, more productive ways.

Whatever happens with Gadhafi, we're at least sending a message to other would-be assholes that they will not be allowed to perpetrate these kinds of atrocities unchecked.

#15     Mar 18, 2011
  6. #16     Mar 18, 2011