Gaddafi, Can't Defeat Him, Can't Kill Him?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 24, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Western leaders are now considering an assasination of Gaddafi to get rid of him. He won't go quietly, he found a few more billion dollars to keep his side of the war going and the French and British are getting tired and frustrated. And, I think Obama will be going on vacation again soon so he doesn't have to deal with it as his war of "days" has already turned into a war of "weeks" and soon will be a war of "months" or longer.

Senator John McCain, who visited Libya at the weekend, also said that the Libyan dictator should be targeted but argued that it was more important to increase American firepower over Libya. He said: "It's pretty obvious to me that the US has got to play a greater role on the air power side. Our Nato allies neither have the assets, nor frankly the will - there's only six countries of the 28 in Nato that are actively engaged in this situation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-leaders-call-for-Nato-to-target-Gaddafi.html

2. I wonder how long gaddfi would last with Bush as president? Actually I think Bush could have called gaddfi on the phone and asked him to surrender and he would have. Obama's a pussy.:D

3. pspr

pspr

LOL. That's probably close to the truth!

4. TGregg

TGregg

Wow, I disagree with Nutmeg. That's interesting.

Bush as an oilman respects peace in the ME. If we've learned anything from our Iraq/Afghanistan . . . err. . . misadventure, then we've learned that we cannot impose civilization upon these people. Along with many others, I was at least hopeful we could.

I was wrong. I wonder how many others on this board have admitted this?

At this point, it's clear we need a bloodthirsty, mean @$$ SOB to keep the peace but who's still bright enough to understand that we'll take him out if he gets too far out of line. That description fits the current leader of Libya. That's why I have been speculating since day 1 that The One was not about to toss him over to the wolves. Nor would Bush, or Reagan. McCain might (that SOB is #@&&ing crazy). Palin wouldn't. Ron Paul wouldn't.

5. I think I need to clarify. Yes, Gaddfi was there when Bush was president, and gaddfi did back down on the nuclear project during the bush years.

But if Bush decided gaddfi must go, he would have been gone by now.

I see your point T, maybe what we're doing now is not trying hard enough for a reason.

6. We were not aware of the Gaddafi nuke program until he scrapped it! So much for the Bush influence, the common view is that Gaddafi wanted to come back into the fold and had made all the right moves. I bet he never thought his easing of oppression would have led to rebellion. There is a lesson for all would be dictators never slacken the thumb screws.

7. Who the fuck told McCain to go to Libya.That jackass will just mess everything up. :mad:

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe it's the same people who told Odumbo to bomb Libya.