GabbyJay's Forex Answer: How to Trade 9/10 Correct

Discussion in 'Forex' started by GabbyJay, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry, don't pay too much attention to star ratings, I don't know how anyone can meaningfully evaluate a thread or strategy from just a couple of posts and a quick chart.

Getting back to your strategy, can you be more explicit about what you look for both in price and MACD, perhaps an example of a trade set-up that you took where all the ducks lines up?

I'm not going to knock your trading system because it obviously works for you, but I've always thought of MACD as a lagging indicator and not a particularly accurate one at that, how exactly do you use it in your trading? Crossovers? Zero line? Extremes? And what settings do you use, the standard EMA's?

Another thing I noticed was that you use a line chart, why is that, could you not get more information from using bars or even candles?

Edit: Ah ok, I've just seen your post above.....shame, it could have been an interesting thread, there's never any harm in having an extra strategy or two in the arsenal!

#11     Nov 22, 2008
  2. GabbyJay

GabbyJay

Last bit of advice:

I always like to cut my winners off before everyone else does. So if resistance is at 1.2550 and I bought at 1.2500 I will cut off at 1.2540ish depending on where I see a slowing of momentum. This little trick saves you from the big guys who are well aware of these resistance and support points and tend to mess with your head if you hold around those common s&r areas.

So, cut winners early. Cut losses early. In my book unless there's a strong trend that I'm riding I cut my winners short just to be safe and I haven't lost doing that.

I don't believe in that motto "let your winners run" because you never know when the action stops. Be safe people, be safe. Less is more in the long term unless like I said you're riding a trend.

-Jerry

#12     Nov 22, 2008
  3. Hmmm, shame you wouldn't (or perhaps couldn't) reply to the questions....and the advice you're offering above is a bit novice-like for someone who's supposed to have been trading for 15 years which might explain your hasty exit from the thread you started, in order to avoid more awkward questions about your apparent success with this strategy.

But then that's just my opinion, I tend to get a little skeptical when people start making irrelevant comments about their trading strategy like "...you'll one day be like me...", "....Don't ask for balance sheets or account information....", "...made $15,000...." and "....boy, does it feel good to be right as a trader"....., they sound just like the type of things a loser (or a troll) would say on a forum to be perfectly frank. Are you a loser and a troll 'Jerry' :)

My rating for this thread amended accordingly.

C'ya 'Jerry'

#13     Nov 22, 2008
  4. EUR/USD traded in a range on Friday from approx noon till close, eastern US time. Tradeable, but not enlightening as far as methods go. I guess I was hoping for some heavenly light to shine down on my sorry arse. I hate to flame someone, seems to only start more shit, :(

#14     Nov 22, 2008
  5. GabbyJay

GabbyJay

Young man I'm not sure why you're trying to pick an argument with me but I'm not interested. Direct any questions you have to me on private message.

I ask for mods to now lock this thread for simplicity purposes. Less noise and more focus on the root of my system. Thanks

#15     Nov 22, 2008
  6. By the looks of it 'GabbyJay Jerry Springer' is just another forum troll, probably one of the ones with a dozen different usernames who get their jollies posting garbage.

They're harmless enough I suppose, some are even quite amusing, just not this guy!

As for his 'buy-support-sell-resistance-off-a-35m(lol)-chart-using-MACD-divergence-but-not-divergence-and-cut-winners-early' strategy, well what can I say, trade it and one day you'll probably be like him unfortunately :D

#16     Nov 22, 2008
  7. euclid

euclid

Only 30 lots. I'm disappointed.

I imagined that 15 years of compounding such a successful method would lead to a bigger account.

#17     Nov 22, 2008
  8. as someone who trades, what gabbyjay treads on valuable information , diff multiple time zones need to line up to get the

a) small risk
    b) large reward from the higher time frame

I trade exactly like this except i don't use macd but pure price, macd can work.

#18     Nov 22, 2008
  9. HSC.1775

HSC.1775

I the first paragraph you advocate getting out of a a trade unless you are in a strong trending market. Then, you confirm that one never knows when the trend is about to stop in your second paragraph. Interesting.

#19     Nov 22, 2008
  10. Do you trade with the same brilliance as your previous thread you started titled ›› Can women breast feed with implants?

#20     Nov 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.