G20 wants to crack down on hedge funds and tax havens. But why?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by saliva, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Daal

Daal

Cracking down on tax havens is just a way to raise tax revenues, a hidden tax hike to deal with soearing budge deficits. And the hedge fund thing is just scapegoatism/populism, hedge funds are outperforming just about every benchmark and they are not taking tax payer money

#21     Apr 3, 2009
  2. moarla

moarla

you can form a LLC in Delaware for500 USD, no need to explain who is member of LLC (secret!!), no tax you whave to pay if you dont do business in USA with this LLC....you need to know more? i can explain you things for a entire week :))
    UK: Trust ideal for tax savings:
    Anguilla, Gibraltar, Virgin Isl. Isle of Man Jersey blablabla (about 20)
    they depent on UK....
    dont forgett about the posssibility "resident but not domiciled" strucutres in UK (all the russians)
    you pay minimum tax there but you have to do business outside UK...
    etc.
    etc.
    there are 1000 things to say about USA and UK....

dont missunderstand me: i love offshore hahahahah

#22     Apr 3, 2009
  3. How quickly people forget that the main cause of LTCM's demise was lax lending, by who??? Yes, the i-banks... ML, GS, JPM, BSC, LEH... a match made in hell: a bunch of arrogant idiots who believed their trades could not possibly go wrong, and a bunch of greedy suckers allowing the other idiots to leverage 100:1.
    The i-banks and LTCM all deserved to go broke for being stupid, but no, that is unacceptable, the Fed had to organize a bailout... so the i-banks could keep doing stupid things...

#23     Apr 3, 2009
  4. NYC212

NYC212

pretty much all strarted there at countrywide

-c.w. got huge breaks to write loans for minority and low income families
    -c.w. paid huge bonus to subprime loans to brokers
    -wrote tons of neg amt loans with prepayment penalties
    -anything went. a criminal empire

not saying they are soley to blame or blame them more then anyone, but it started there

#24     Apr 3, 2009
  5. fraud and more fraud and corruption and money laundering etc.

#25     Apr 4, 2009