G-8 Summit in Camp David on May 18-19, 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, May 19, 2012.

1. May 19, 2012

SouthAmerica: Regarding this weekend G-8 Summit in Camp David. Camp David is the country retreat of the President of the United States and his guests, and it's located close to Washington, D.C., It is officially known as “Naval Support Facility Thurmont” and is technically a military installation.

Here is the main event, and the major reason for this G-8 meeting:

G-8 Summit in Camp David on May 18-19, 2012

The Group of Eight (G8) is a forum for the governments of:

1) United States

2) Japan

3) Germany

4) France

5) Italy

6) United Kingdom

7) Canada

8) Russia

Note: The G-8 group represents the past – the world of yesterday – a world long gone....

In a Nutshell:

The Russian “re-set button” that was grandly announced by President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton in 2009 was a unilateral gesture -- and thus it’s no surprise the Bear is still smiling.

Now with President Putin’s unprecedented third term as Russia’s president underway and his decision to skip the G-8 Summit in Camp David on May 18-19, perhaps it’s time to re-think the whole thing.

President Vladimir Putin is showing U.S. President Barack Obama his displeasure over the criticism of Russian elections and the lack of progress on a planned missile shield by skipping the Group of Eight summit for the first time as president – he said he would miss the May 18-19 gathering of world leaders, but in the last minute he decided to send Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to be the keynote speaker of this meeting.

Regarding the keynote speaker Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, the main subject of his speech will be how to handle a collapsing economic and financial system and the transition from the old collapsing system to a completely new system such as in the case of the Soviet Union and today's Russia. He is going to give some pointers to the leaders of old Europe, old United States, and old Japan – just look at what happened to the collapse of the Soviet Union, and that gives you a very good clue about what is in store for you, and you would be seeing a picture of your future.

By the way, I like to report that the last Summit of the BRIC's went very well – I don't need to mention to this group, since you all are aware that the BRIC's represent the future, and the new world of the 21st century.

The BRIC's are creating a development bank to replace the “World Bank” and the “IMF” - these obsolete organizations of yesterday – and they are going to do most of their international trading in the future based on their currencies instead of the US dollar.

In closing my remarks, maybe in the next meeting of the G-8, President Vladimir Putin might decide to show up for the meeting, if he does not have anything better to do at that time.

BRIC's = Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.

SouthAmerica: It must be depressing to attend one of these meetings about what to do regarding the collapsing and imploding economic and financial system of all these countries that is spinning completely out of control.

It is like being invited to participate in the last few minutes of a major tragedy, and watch the "Titanic" sinking, and also be asked to decide who should be saved on the few lifeboats.

2. May 19, 2012

SouthAmerica: Here is the “theme song” of the G-8 Summit in Camp David on May 18-19, 2012

That Sinking Feeling

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ik9BEaBU7M0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Sinking Feeling

All my books lay on the table
    Waitin' to unfold
    I sit and stare at my reflection
    While the darkness chills my bones
    My head fills like a junk shop
    In desperate need of repair
    The path of least resistance leads to the
    Garbage heap of despair
    I think I'd better get back in bed

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay
    That's gnawing at the heart of the country.

You can't destroy your problems
    By destroying yourself
    Death is not the answer
    For your soul may burn in hell
    My memory my fond deceiver
    Is turning all my past into pain
    While I'm being raped by progress
    Tomorrow's world is here to stay
    They wouldn't have it any other way

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay
    That's gnawing at the heart of the country.