FYI -- Terrorist Attack

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Feb 12, 2003.

1. agree with you here - at least to the extent that there is actually anything there to be undone... :D

#41     Feb 14, 2003
  2. msfe

msfe

TM Direct: " what's the shortest book in the world?" ...The history of Arab War Victories...´

The century following Mohammed's death, 632 to 732, saw Islam grow at an explosive rate, converting an awesome human mosaic from Spain to Pakistan. Syria was overrun in 636, Israel in 638, Egypt in 641; the last Persian king was killed in 651. The late seventh and early eighth centuries saw Islam expand to include most of the countries that are Moslem today. Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia were conquered in the east, while North Africa and Spain were added in the west.

Only the battle of Tours (732) and the unsuccessful sieges of Constantinople (672-677 and 717-718), saved Christendom from complete conquest at the hands of the Moslems. Had either the Franks or Byzantines failed in their defense, it is unlikely that any other Christians would have resisted for long, and there would be a Koran in every hotel room today!

#42     Feb 14, 2003
  3. RE-building it?

#43     Feb 15, 2003
  4. what planet are you from?

Shrub and company goes in, destroys the little that's left. UnoCal gets the access to over 5 trillion worth of Caspian Oil/GAS, Hallibuarton builds/services the pipelines. Pakistan gets a piece of the pie for harboring the taliban, and Afghanistan?

See what Afghanistan gets

Afghanistan omitted from US aid budget

[​IMG]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2759789.stm

Nice going!

#44     Feb 15, 2003
  5. Babak

Babak

Yes, it was a wonderful country before decades of war destroyed it. If you care, do a little research and you'll find out just how good it was (before everything went to hell in a handbasket).

#45     Feb 15, 2003

6. You are great at cutting and pasting but just so you know....there is a difference between ISLAM and ARAB states.....not all arabs are Islamic...and the 'victories' you quote above ( aside from the fact they are 1500 years ago) are more of a religious movement than anything else....You did a wonderful job though of once again pointing out that the smallest book on the world is still arba war victories

#46     Feb 18, 2003
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

These are still not the worst case scenario which is what im refering to....there is enviromental impact ( 5 million barrels of oil pumped into the sea per day at the flip of a switch if Saddam wants to, not to mention burning the pumps)
    which has yet to be mentioned here....lets talk about the suits are troops have to protect them from any chemical agents ( these suits are useless, a big percentage of them dont work and a big percentage of our troops dont know how to properly use them).......TM is painting a best case scenario, not a worst case scenario )......thats my point....

#47     Feb 18, 2003
  8. That is not what i said...i said everybody keeps painting the worst case scenario...I was asking about the best case...and once again you have this 1975 approach to war....those days are over...the gulf war proved it....The troops will go in to 'clean up" and maintain order,, but this war will be fought though the air and will knock out power, water and communications....I read one report where Saddam will starve his towns so they will bog down our advancing soldiers with humanitarian efforts.....but what if their are no advancing troops? The one enemy of all Regimes/dictators is Hungry people.....When citizens are hungry and desperate, that's when you have 10,000 people storming the gates....

#48     Feb 18, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

"1975 war approach"......:D

If you say so.......Like I said only time will tell.....By the way did you know that over 10,000 of our Gulf War veterans have died from the uranium exposure released by our on munitions which littered the battle field and over 150k are reported to have been affected by it.........

#49     Feb 18, 2003
  10. Did you know that 150k + 10k = 160k troops.......hwo many troops did we send in the last gulf war??????????????

#50     Feb 18, 2003