FYI: NinjaTrader Beta delayed until Sep/09

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ArcticTrader, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

My point was that if they want to make the most people happy, they need to work on stability and processing speed. NT 6.5 is a terrible CPU hog, and that's not good for anyone's trading, no matter what features you happen to like. The most important thing to do is make sure the platform is stable, before expanding on features... although I'm hopeful that NT will do both.

#21     Jun 23, 2009
  2. This, for me, is the biggest hurdle they need to overcome. After reading all the posts here subsequent to mine, I guess I've changed my mind and am now willing to hold my breath and wait. As everyone said, better to get it right then rush it out only to disappoint...

#22     Jun 23, 2009
  3. Kovacs

Kovacs

Keyboard support isn't listed on that spec sheet.

Does NT have some kind of philosophical hangup against it?

#23     Jun 24, 2009
  4. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Actually it appears as though they will have hotkey support:

"New Hot Key Manager

Assign hot keys for global and local window functions including order management. This is work in progress and it could get pulled although we don't expect that this would happen."

So it may be there, but maybe not depending on time. But in any case I suggest AutoHotKey if you want to automate mouse clicks as keypresses....

#24     Jun 24, 2009
  5. NT7 looks like its going to be a huge upgrade overall. Performance, Features, the works. Looking forward to it.

#25     Jun 24, 2009
  6. Kovacs

Kovacs

Thanks. I hope it makes it through.

#26     Jun 25, 2009