FYI: NinjaTrader Beta delayed until Sep/09

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ArcticTrader, Jun 22, 2009.

1. #11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. Like yourself, I have been around the houses on this topic, and my fallback in the event that NT7 is a washout is Marketcetera.

#12     Jun 23, 2009
  3. monti1a

monti1a

I found this on the front page of the developers website.

"Since I work on TradeProject only in my spare time it could take some days until I release a new version. Anyway: I do not promote day trading!"

Thanks for the reference, but no thanks...

#13     Jun 23, 2009
  4. No problem, you're welcome!

#14     Jun 23, 2009
  5. From what I've looked at, my fallback is neoticker or just say the hell with retail trading software and move to Matlab.
    Thinking about this more, I'm really not sure that Ninja has the resources to pull off the scope of how they see this project going..
    I'm sure everyone who has posted in here uses ninja for something slightly different..90% of the problems will be fixed with 7 but I also have a feeling that in that last 10%, for each of us there will be something that is like "I can't believe NT7 can't do X!!!"
    Then what?

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Features are nice, but kind of irrelevant. They just need to get performance and stability up to par, and it will be a great piece of software even if they don't add anything else, which they obviously are. This whole thing has BADLY needed a rewrite for quite some time now, and it appears that they are in the process of doing it. The fact that they have pushed the beta back is actually a good sign for the stability of the code, because it means that they are not willing to rush things.

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. Ninja have bitten a lot off...that's for sure. But MATLAB is a relic. I mean, it's not even strongly typed.

#17     Jun 23, 2009
  8. I will BET some big dollars that NT7 will be ready PRIOR to the Online Trade Expo @ Mandalay in Vegas (November 2009). :)

http://www.moneyshow.com/lvot/

#18     Jun 23, 2009
  9. I think NT has suffered from a horrible case of creeping featuritis in the past, which is typical of an immature software company looking to break into a market. NT7 is their chance to make the move to a mature product but they absolutely HAVE to get the architectural problems sortout out with this release. Otherwise I feel an awful lot of people that have been holding their breath will just desert them.

The fact that they have delayed release is actually a positive sign as it means they have realised this.

#19     Jun 23, 2009

10. This is what I ment by the 10% though...Whats irrelevant to you could be exactly what I need and vice versa..
    With trying to make everyone happy, I'm really not sure they are ever going to make anyone happy.

#20     Jun 23, 2009