fxsol vs oanda

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by techiecool, Mar 25, 2005.

1. 168

oanda all the way , because the spread is everything , 100:1,not a problem , just deposite double the amount deposite , that's all .
    but you gonna get it back by the tight spread .

#51     Mar 30, 2005
  2. crazy it is. it's high pressure, but at this point i'm seeing if scalping profitably is possible in this. over 5 days of demo trading i'm up 18% scalping on using $3k as my assumed limit (even though most demos are higher).

it could be that i've got to turn into an inverstor and not scalper.

#52     Mar 30, 2005
  3. janko

janko

i use oanda and am very happy with it, but im curious how can they keep the spread this low? kinda makes me think if there is something to worry about since all the big fx brokers usualy do the 3 pip spread on majors. could oanda just be raking in new client funds with some profit margin for them from the low spread and then BAMMM one day surprise us and there is no more Oanda>??? probably silly speculation but got me thinking about it. any thoughts?

#53     Mar 30, 2005
  4. my ignorance. i didn't see that oanda is down to 1.5 spread on E$. that's significant...50%. i saw it at 3 spread before. i guess i'll seriously use oanda and see how it would work then. maybe even put some trade in for longer term (more than 10 minutes)...:D

#54     Mar 30, 2005
  5. Janko,

When its enough money, Oanda will work with you as far as a segregated situation or perhaps a letter of Credit.

When your reach 50k give them a call...

#55     Mar 30, 2005
  6. 168

ib and hotspot both have 2 pips spread on the eur/usd , so the real spread is probaly 1 spread on eur/usd , or they don't make money on eur/usd but make money on others spread ,so you know how much money other firm have made from us .

#56     Mar 30, 2005
  7. When you see a 1.5 pip spread here, it's 10 pips in some other part of the world.

#57     Mar 30, 2005
  8. taboni

taboni

Neither IB or Hotspot makes money on their spread since they don't make the market. They make money on the commission you pay. The more you deal, the more they make. It has been some time since I worked on a spot desk in a major bank but I believe the prevailing spread in EUR is 2 pips with 1 pip being seen at times, which is what I witness on both of the mentioned platforms regularly.
    The guys who are making the market showing you 3 pips plus in EUR (and lets not even start about the 3 pips plus they show in USD/JPY which is always a 2 pip market) are doing quite well off you.

#58     Mar 30, 2005
  9. Ever wonder what fxsol stands for?

FX Shit Out of Luck, as in the client is SOL.

#59     Mar 30, 2005
  10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Hedging... I have been meaning to ask someone about this so when I saw this discussion I figured I would get this straightened out.

I just don't understand how being hedged is any different than being flat. Someone mentioned a benefit of only putting up margin for one position...being flat requires no margin. Someone else mentioned it lets you stay market neutral until the direction of the market becomes more clear...so does being flat. The math for a hedge is the same as being flat...what am I missing here? It seems to me like the only difference is that you would have to pay the spread twice instead of only once.

#60     Mar 30, 2005