fxsol vs oanda

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by techiecool, Mar 25, 2005.

1. well fxsolutions won't work for me. they lack proper stop/limit capabilities. that narrows my choices by one at least.

#41     Mar 29, 2005

2. Full hedging is the ability to take a position opposite to one currently open without incurring additional margin requirements. This feature acts as an insurance policy for times of uncertainty; it allows the trader the ability to hedge positions until the market direction becomes clearer.

#42     Mar 29, 2005
  3. Also,

Hedging can take out many micro moves in the market while holding a net neutral directional bias...

#43     Mar 29, 2005
  4. janko

janko

hey guys this is regarding fxsol platform, i've just player around with the demo and realized that fxsol tells you where you can place your limit orders to close out trades!!! I guess this is their way to prevent scalping, the system would not let me place an order that would be maybe 2 or 3 pips from my execution point. This kinda sucks if you ask me. Is this common practice for FX brokers?????????
    please do share your experiences.
    thnx

#44     Mar 30, 2005
  5. yeah i noticed the same thing. not going to work for me. i've been demoing fxdd and i really like their platform. MG is also good. but still demo for each.

#45     Mar 30, 2005
  6. I just don't get it...You guys have the best choice at your fingertips...Oanda has them all beat hands down...

#46     Mar 30, 2005
  7. i just don't like the 50:1...that's all. otherwise i like all the other features hands down. i really think that should be an option for the trader to decide...their own leverage. if i want 100:1, then it's my money.

#47     Mar 30, 2005
  8. What am I missing?

You can purchase up to 50:1 and hold up to 100:1...at Oanda.

Also you can arrange your bet size in increments of 1 unit, which makes up for lack of a wild 400:1 leverage....I can scale in with increments I unit, not the canned limit of 1k or 10k units or 100k units at the other places...

For me.... spot, retail currency trading is not a scalping game.....its a longer, scaleable type of trading..

#48     Mar 30, 2005
  9. i'd like to purchase 100:1. it could be i'm learning a newbie lesson by going 100:1. i am a day trader at heart and with leverage i can scalp (day trade). i could be applying to much of a day trading mentality to forex. don't know yet.

#49     Mar 30, 2005
  10. techiecool,

I made some edits to my post...sorry. I am not judging you as to why you want more leverage (even though I think your crazy). I just think you can accomplish what you want at Oanda. You have to give up so much compared to Oanda at the other places.

If you must scalp, wouldn't spreads be high on your list of criteria?

Michael B.

#50     Mar 30, 2005