fxsol vs oanda

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by techiecool, Mar 25, 2005.

1. I get requoted with FX Sol far to often for my liking and at times when it seems there should be no problem with a fill.. Rarely do i take more than 100k but the requotes have never been "devastating". Their charting leaves a lot to be desired but they are definately improving. According to the VP trailing stops should be implimented shortly and in addition to hedging they also have a C.A.R function which is useful for my trading style. They are constantly seeking feedback from their users which i appreaciate and do seem to act on these recommendations. Supposedly an API may be in the works and i've asked for a DDE feed so who knows what'll happen. Their customer service is top notch for an american company and as long as i've been using them have experienced 0 downtime. I give them a 3.5/5 but improving. I chose them because they offer high leverage and minis. With that said, saxobank has seriously been turning me on lately. A multitude of crosses, CFDs, and options with a charting package that IMHO is one of the nicest i've seen with a FX/CFD broker dealer.. But i wont be switching anytime soon as my account is still too small :( (but improving :D)

#31     Mar 27, 2005
  2. Davo

Davo

Has anyone had experience or opinions on InterbankFX?

I've been looking at Oanda, FXSol and Interbank.

#32     Mar 27, 2005
  3. Your assuming I am picking a direction? Volatility grabbing is another way to trade...get out of the box and open your mind.

#33     Mar 27, 2005
  4. maybe i'm not explaining my thoughts well. or i don't quite get it yet myself. i try to work through some scenarios...btw, you guys are really helpful around here.

example:
    euro$ 1.3035/38
    day range up to the point 1.2991 - 1.3067
    buy @ 38
    market turns down
    sell @32

scenario 0:
    sell @32 and exit, net -6 pips

scenario 1: market goes to 17/20
    hedged though @32, now exit both positions
    trade 1: -21 pips
    trade 2: +12 pips
    net: -9pips

scenario 2: market at 17/20 improved to 38/41
    trade 2:
    buy @ 20, net +12
    trade 1:
    sell @ 38, net 0
    result= +12pips

ahh, ok i see your point if you exit trade 2 then you take profits, but you still run the risk of trade 1 not improving and losing more.

then a scenario 3: you buy @20, but market continues to tank and it's at 10/13
    trade 2: buy @20, net +12
    trade 1: floating -28 pips result a$$ handed to you.
    net: - 16 pips

Exit/enter normally
    scenario 4: at 10/13
    trade 1: buy @ 38, sold @32, net -6 pips
    trade 2: sell @32, buy @13, net + 19 pips
    net: + 13 pips

if buy trade 3 later @ 16/19
    and market does improve per scenario 2
    then sell @38, net trade 3: +19 pips
    end up 32 pips up.

hmmm, TradingWise...so the name fits i guess. so maybe hedging doesn't make as much sense to me anymore...if my examples (used small numbers for easy math) aren't wrong that is. as there seems to be no inherent advantage to hedging. seems to be hedging against profits is all that is happening and not really protecting against losses. this is very counter-intuitive. is my logic more on the right track now???

#34     Mar 27, 2005
  5. looked at interbankfx, and they charge commission. for me that's a no no. all the posts i have read on many boards, oanda appears to be the traders choice w/ others having differing opinions on fxsol.

#35     Mar 27, 2005
  6. Davo

Davo

Thanks!

#36     Mar 27, 2005
  7. Keep in mind,

Hedging in Forex is not the same as Hedging in Options..

These terms are used but are completley different...

#39     Mar 27, 2005
  8. any opinions on cmc as a broker????
    qoute from their site

Price-Driven Service

Clients are able to execute trades within seconds on the displayed prices without requesting a quotation. Our open, price driven service ensures that dealers will not "read or shade" or quote prices based upon a particular clients position as the software provides complete price transparency.

#40     Mar 27, 2005