FXSOL 5 pips spread on GBPUSD NOW!!!!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by spieler, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Hey bro, what pair(s) are you getting slippage on? I think there may be something wrong somewhere because this week I've not had slippage on one single trade.

Admittedly I haven't been trading as much, and there are a few take-profit orders in there so maybe I just haven't noticed it as much, but it does seem strange that you're getting slippage and platform freezes and I'm not getting either, in fact I was just thinking how well Oanda are performing lately!

~

[​IMG]

#21     Jan 17, 2009
  2. cvds16

cvds16

why would anybody do that, getting scimmed by bucketshops ?
    Trade through an ECN or CME at least you will get a real market and spreads will be much tighter. I do about 35-50 trades a day, 1 pip difference adds up at the end of the month, just do the math, those bucket shops know that.

#23     Jan 17, 2009
  3. What's so great about the real market, bucketshops often have better fills especially across data releases, plus companies like CMC offer guaranteed stops if you pay the premium. A lot of these ECN-style brokers are just glorified bucketshops anyway, it's a marketing tactic, they're counterparty and have a dealing desk just the same.

Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't, plus you've got to add commission.

The ECN vs bucketshop vs futures vs spot argument has been going on for ages, it's a pointless exercise.

#24     Jan 17, 2009

4. Hey Cable how's it going? I have been getting slippage on eur/jpy. It comes and goes.

I am getting freezes on two separate computers, which is annoying to say the least.

I spoke with Ivan about it and he said he's experiencing similar things.

The answer to that problem is of course to extend my time frame, as slippage and spread carry far less weight as you move further out. So far, there really aren't any alternatives to Oanda....so I guess that is what I will start doing.

Glad you're not having any issues with them bro. Have a good one, glad to have you back on ET.

#25     Jan 17, 2009
  5. Come to think of it I did have price freeze up a few times on some pairs, I just put it down to their feed as it was literally for milliseconds.

Guess I'll have to watch more closely next week :)

#26     Jan 17, 2009
  6. Spoke too soon!

What I don't quite understand is how there wasn't any slippage on hundreds of market orders made from my platform even right on NFP but there is slippage at 3am on a limit order held on their servers :confused:

Only 7 pips but it's 7% of the profit....."Oanda Tax"

[​IMG]

#27     Jan 19, 2009
  7. ....there, that's better, fuckers!

[​IMG]

#28     Jan 19, 2009
  8. Ooooh, a shiny new MM5 to play with, it's looking very pretty so far, the charts are much better as well!

[​IMG]

~

[​IMG]

#29     Jan 19, 2009
  9. ...and a new style order ticket, although it's not a lot different from the old one!

[​IMG]

I rather hoped they would do something similar to what IB did on Fx Trader with the Pos/Avg/P&L in each cell for each pair....

[​IMG]

#30     Jan 19, 2009