Fxcm

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by EugenB, Mar 10, 2006.

1. What can you say about gbp/chf spread 15 pips. when you get soo high spread it doesn't matter any more what sort of quality of the execution you get.

#11     Mar 26, 2006
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

First of all, I traded real account at FXCM and liked their platform. But, and this is a big one, their spreads are too big. If you day trade, they will kill you. That is why I left (FXCM recently launched another platform - propfx, where spreads are tighter).

During major news the platform freezes, especially if you trade size. Do it few times with very short time span, and you'll end up on manual. I highly recommend not to trade the news when in forex (my opinion).

EVERY FOREX MARKET MAKER SHADES. I obviously did not observe them all, but I did see the best ones doing it, so I can only imagine what smaller/less reputable do.

FXCM needs to bring spreads down, otherwise they will end up with a much smaller clientele.

Regards,
    redduke

#12     Mar 31, 2006
  3. #13     Apr 1, 2006
  4. tough to read those links without registerin' to da site and when half of them are 'not found'.

#14     Apr 1, 2006
  5. #15     Apr 1, 2006
  6. does anyone know if oanda has mini accounts

#16     Apr 1, 2006
  7. I was thinking of going with fxcm but now after hearing this im having my doubts does anyone have anything good to say about them

#17     Apr 2, 2006
  8. I think this is the only reason they have any customers...:(

#18     Apr 2, 2006
  9. no

#19     Apr 2, 2006
  10. i suggest u to read da countless threads complainin' 'bout fxcm way of handlin' orders posted here on et....u will get a good clue on how bad they really are.

#20     Apr 2, 2006