FXCM Upgrades to Include Dynamic Trailing Stops

Discussion in 'Forex' started by FXCM-PR, Dec 21, 2009.

1. FXCM-PR

FXCM-PR ET Sponsor

For Immediate Release:
    Media Contact: Jaclyn Sales, jsales@fxcm.com
    London 21 December, 2009 – FXCM has upgraded its trading station to offer Dynamic Trailing Stops. This exciting new feature allows traders to place a stop order that automatically optimizes to lock in potential profits if the market should move in the trader’s favor.
    Dynamic Trailing Stops are accurate down to 1/10 of a pip and can be placed on the FXCM Trading Station by clicking the advanced button in the “Create Market Order”, “Create Entry Order”, or “Stop Order” window. Watch video
    Sign up for a demo to familiarize yourself with Dynamic Trailing Stops. FXCM Demo Accounts now have this feature enabled.

Please Note:
    This feature does not guarantee protection against losses. Learn more

FXCM LLC accounts do not have the Dynamic Trailing Stop option.

# # #
    FXCM Holdings LLC Facts
    As of September 2009
    • FXCM Holdings LLC has over $100 million in capital.
    • More than 150,000 live accounts trade on platforms offered by FXCM.
    • An average of $365 billion in notional volume is traded each month on platforms offered by FXCM.
    • More than $600 million in customer funds trading on platforms offered by FXCM.
    Risk Disclaimer: Trading FX, CFDs and Spread Betting on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors read full disclosure. read full disclosure.

2. Gcapman

Gcapman

How is their 100 million in capital calculated?

Is this amount the total amount of client capital?

Or is this money that they have on the side as required by regulators to ensure stability?

3. AyeYo

AyeYo

What does this mean, no trailing stop for US based accounts?

This is good. I was asking for a trailing stop since I opened an account.

4. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi Gcapman,

The 10 million is not client capital but FXCM's own capital. The figure is taken from FXCM's balance sheet updated on the website http://www.fxcm.com/company-profile.jsp

-Jason

5. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi AyeYo,

Accounts with FXCM LLC (US) which are regulated by the NFA do not have a trailing stop, though you can set stops per instrument in the summary view.

The trailing stop is available on accounts through FXCM UK and FXCM Australia.

6. AyeYo

AyeYo

How much of a pain in the ass is it to switch to UK? I was considering doing it anyway just on the prinicple of giving the NFA the single-finger salute. Would cable become my base account currency? What else is different?

7. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

It's an easy process. Just submit an online opt-in form to FXCM UK and the account is switched. The base currency stays the same, unless you request a change.

-Jason