FXCM sucks. I am sick of slippage in fills.

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by midlifeguy, Mar 9, 2007.

1. I have been trading for over 5yrs and profitable for 18 mnths trading spot forex so i am not asking for your help in learning how to trading . I am having my best month with a short trade i had on the jpy. Never traded a stock or emini once alway spot forex so i dont know about the futures market.In spot fx there is no slippage except after 5 min of a news announcement obviously that is not so in the futures market .You always pay one way or another.

#21     Mar 10, 2007
  2. virgin

virgin

Watchdaride,

What broker you use ?

#22     Mar 10, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Yes it's quite obvious that you do ZERO research, and you know what, nobody is going to spoon feed you to profitable trading.

I never said there is NO slippage, every market has slippage, Trade Fx @ a bucket shop and lemme' know how it works out for you kid.

I see you have not learned very much since joining in 2002.

Good Luck.

#23     Mar 10, 2007
  4. Most often in the futures there is a two point bid/ask but at times it is one point.

My comission at IB is 3.86 round turn(unbundled) because I place a lot of orders in ER2 and CL. So theoretically I can have a profitable trade within a one pip fluctuation in the E-mini currencies.

When the Yen or BP futures are busy one can certainly scalp for 2-3 points/pips, and I have done it, basically making a living inside the dealer spread. :D

GC

#24     Mar 10, 2007
  5. pctrader

pctrader

I've read a lot of bad posts about FXCM so I've decided to open an account with them and see for myself. I have been trading with them for almost 1 year now. I have never had problems with them. I do not place trades 5-10 minutes after news event. Last week, the market went at my exit price to closed my position and I did not received my fills. I called them, they audited my trades and I have received my fills, the same day. This has been my experience with them.

#25     Mar 10, 2007
  6. The problem with futures is the lack of liquidity. There is far more on the reputable ECNs and hopefully this will only improve with marketspace and the fxall offerings.

#26     Mar 11, 2007
  7. siki13

siki13

Of course,what else could you do.

#27     Mar 11, 2007
  8. u gotta wonder what these folks got for brains...:confused:

#28     Mar 11, 2007
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Correct me if I'm wrong:

1) Minimum contract size for currency futures is 100 k notional.

What is minimum accnt size? Do futures fall under the pattern day trader rule.

If so, the advantage of spot fx for the little guy is obvious

#29     Mar 11, 2007
  10. Surdo

Surdo

A. There is NO PDT rule that applies to Futures.
    B. The performance bond intraday is as low as $500/ contract,
    In most cases it's $2295 for a contract worth $125,000 Euros.
    C. You can open a Futures account with as little as $5000.

Did I mention nobody to bet against your position?

el surdo

#30     Mar 11, 2007