FXCM server is down again ! ! !

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by T-Bone Trader, Jul 21, 2009.

1. cabletrader: by the same argument you could say EBS (or hotspot or what have you) is a bucketshop since the (prime)broker shows up as ctpty. Discussion is getting a bit boring after rehash #132.

#41     Jul 22, 2009
  2. I didn't say their NDD model was a bucketshop.

If the discussion is getting boring for you, or you don't understand what's being discussed, then simply don't read it :)

#42     Jul 22, 2009
  3. "FXCM is a marketmaker, not a broker or pure agent, let's call it what it is,.."

Right, you were just implying the same, if not explicitly stating it.

#43     Jul 22, 2009
  4. did Jason explain why the server down issue ?

#44     Jul 22, 2009
  5. are you having reading-problems or something?

#45     Jul 22, 2009
  6. What? Do you think every marketmaker is a bucketshop? Do you understand the difference between a marketmaker and a broker or agent?

#46     Jul 22, 2009
  7. I doubt it, despite the thread topic and his claim to be here to "address issues that may be affecting FXCM traders"

#47     Jul 22, 2009
  8. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Happy to address this as well. I checked on this with our technical support team and some clients were unable to login from about 4:30-5:30am EDT on the 21st.

If there ever is a technical problem, what you should do is contact the trading desk asap to manage positions by phone, and if you want to dispute a trade, we can open a trade audit through client services.

We also update the website www.fxstatus.com in real time whenever there is a technical issue. I would recommend visiting that site first to see if we're experiencing any technical issues. And then contact client services.

#48     Jul 22, 2009
  9. LOL....the issues you brought up are really relevant anyway, yeah me too remember the refco incident and of course the colourful history of fxcm.

#49     Jul 22, 2009
  10. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

That's ok, it's important to answer the original topic of the thread anyways. :)

#50     Jul 22, 2009