FXCM - platform servers went down

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by rdlsmith, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

Report is taking forever to finish ! ! ! !

Always a big issue with this broker ! ! !

#21     Feb 12, 2010
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

Actually, there is no legitimate reason why FXCM's trading platform SHOULD EVER....I repeat....EVER GO DOWN!!!!!!!!

They cut off access every weekend for so-called maintenance so any down-time is just FXCM's way of trying to fuck clients out of money.......

#22     Feb 13, 2010
  3. Nagelis

Nagelis

Can anyone tell me if FXCMPro, their institutional platform, went down as well?

#23     Feb 14, 2010
  4. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi Gcapman,

FXCM's revenue on no dealing desk execution is volume based so a loss in trading access to place a trade is a potential loss in revenue. Conspiracy's aside, any time a technical issue occurs we will update the website www.fxstatus.com letting you know what is happening, and you can request a trade audit for any losses that resulted due to the technical issue. No system is perfect and unforeseen technical issues can occur, but we will do our best to keep you updated and review any trades that were affected.

-Jason

#24     Feb 15, 2010
  5. Nagelis

Nagelis

I take it that the answer to my question above is a yes then since you ignored that.

#25     Feb 15, 2010
  6. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi Nagelis,

I didn't see your question as being addressed to me. But if you wanted to find out about their platform, you would need to contact FXCMPro. They deal with banks, hedge funds, and corporations.

-Jason

#26     Feb 15, 2010
  7. Jason:

Why don't you have FXCM under your name as a sponsor on this site, or at least FXCM in your signature?

I assume you are a customer service rep at FXCM?

#27     Feb 15, 2010
  8. Nagelis

Nagelis

Jason,

No probs, I understood from your profile you are FXCM ambassador on ET, so I thought you might have known.

My apols if that isn't the case.

#28     Feb 15, 2010
  9. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

That's ok. Our institutional desk is pretty much separate from the retail side. I would assume not since they don't use the FX Trading Station II. But it would be best to contact them since their system is separate and they don't use the FXstatus.com website.

-Jason

#29     Feb 15, 2010
  10. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi el pollo,

I hadn't seen the signature option in the account section, but just updated it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,

Jason

#30     Feb 15, 2010