FXCM Micro stopped me out on bad ticks

Discussion in 'Forex' started by paden, Dec 11, 2008.

1. WTF!! They restored the original position with NO notification 3 hours after they said they were going to do it. Now I can't even close out to get flat because their software is freezing up...it just says "Processing..." when I try and close at market. Nice way to fix the problem FXCM.. how about some heads up. Good grief. They have managed to find a way to make a bad situation even worse.

#11     Dec 11, 2008
  2. UNREAL... they stick you back in the position with no warning and then they won't even let you close it through the software. Apparently you have to call the trade desk which has a long hold.... Meanwhile you are losing and have no way to get out. Is this some kind of joke? What kind of resolution is this???

#12     Dec 11, 2008
  3. hey BL...did you ever get your money back on this?...did they help you with this?..whatever happened?best to you...

#13     Dec 12, 2008
  4. Not yet, they pretty much screwed it up as much as possible yesterday. I understand the bad tick problem can happen every now and then but how they handled the "resolution" was insane. They had a chance to recover the losses caused by the bad tick but blew it big time. I had several chances to close the trade with a profit after the "reset" but since their software was hosed all I could do is watch helplessly while on hold. I ended up getting the trade desk and had them finally close the position with slightly less of a loss than before. However, that trade has not shown up yet and my P/L is still as it was. Since it is a microlot I am not going to worry with it anymore, I spent too much time dealing with it last night and will probably just move on. Typical FXCM crap...but I was somewhat shocked at how irresponsible they were with this situation and how unprofessional the trade desk and customer service was.

#14     Dec 12, 2008