FXCM Max Leverage is now 50 times

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Gcapman, Jun 22, 2010.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Sorry, I don't blow up accounts. Trading enough systems/approaches (with relatively low risk..thanks to reasonable leverage) assures this.

Thanks for the cogent response, though. You sure have a penchant for high-level debate...

#21     Jun 25, 2010
  2. Wallet

Wallet

If you need 100-200+ leverage to trade,

1. YOU ARE UNDER CAPITALIZED trading either a demo, or a $500 account
    2. DON"T KNOW WHAT THE FU@K YOU ARE DOING.

bye

#22     Jun 25, 2010
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. But please, since you promised to leave this thread, just go grab your unemployment check and food stamps and start your weekend early!

#23     Jun 25, 2010
  4. Wallet

Wallet

Here ya go 1000:1 and you only need a buck($1) to open an account. Go get em tiger...... here you can cut your risk even greater, 200 to 1000, Hell you can trade 5 times more.

http://instaforex.com/

#24     Jun 25, 2010
  5. that company is registered in russian federation, run! don't walk.

The margin situation is really extremely simple and cut and dry. The more available margin the better provided you have enough brains not overleverage and enter into winning trades to begin with.

This situation is very similar to cost of capital/ROI discussion. Forex at this level is like a secured credit card.

Let's say you want to open up a 100K position of usd/jpy. If you have a 2000 account and 100 to1 leverage max half or your money (actually more with the spread being taken into account) is going to be tied up needlessly. What if the limit was 200:1? With that same position you would have only 500 tied up. Same position and the underlying instrument is going to behave the same regardless. More available free margin is better to absorb whipsaws and to open attractive positions.

I know some people want to make it 10:1 but in that case only the big banks/big players can have fun.

#25     Jun 26, 2010
  6. Lawrence,

Could I ask you a simple question? How can someone who is leveraged 100:1 still operate within any prudent risk parameter? It does not make any sense what you said, at least not to me, and not to anyone I worked with in a professional environment. Maybe I dont get what your point is that you try to make but I definitely disagree with one of the sentences you posted below.

#26     Jun 27, 2010
  7. you make the best point yet in this thread. "Can have fun". This is exactly what losing "traders" "trade" for, for the sake of fun. And yes, high leverage makes you feel you are a big dude who can swing around with 100k positions even though there is just 1k in the account. Sometimes the fun last a few trades but eventually betting probabilities will simply catch up, its so simple whatever some total imbeciles such as TK try to say.

#27     Jun 27, 2010
  8. the days of OTC forex are over...come on over to CME Globex Currency futures...come one...step in...

#28     Jun 27, 2010
  9. A lot of people feel more leverage gives them a bigger cushion, and sense of security. That is true, if you manage your risk and are careful. It can also hurt you, by having you stay to long in a trade that is going against you, and before you know it your wiped. I know a friend who wanted to trade forex like me, so he open an account with 20k, with 1-100 leverage. He wiped half the account in the first day. It's all about risk management, and to many rookies overlevarage and get crushed. I guess there trying to hold there hands by limiting there leverage amounts.

#29     Jun 29, 2010
  10. Isn't spot forex better with a bigger market? And more leverage? Or am i mistaken?

#30     Jun 29, 2010