FXCM LOSES ALL EQUITY

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by marketsurfer, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Of course folks were tipped off to what was about to occur. Inside information is only illegal in the stock market. Commodities and currencies fortunes are built on inside information... legally.

#61     Jan 26, 2015
  2. i960

i960

MS, while I do agree that this inside information isn't FXCM specific, wouldn't you agree though that any individuals/organizations heavily shorting FXCM (which is an equity) prior to the SNB announcement would be acting on non-public information of a pretty significant sort (the decision of a CB) that nobody could have anticipated?

If people were tipped off, I guess Citi and GS (who knows with those guys) weren't part of the club?

#62     Jan 26, 2015
  3. xandman

xandman

Definitely man on the grassy knoll.

#63     Jan 26, 2015
  4. The markets, by their nature, are random. You can curve fit them and find this or that correlations. But in reality these events are just random occurrences. People should not let their imagination cloud their judgements. Citi and GS are upstanding banks who abide by the rules and don't go around doing this kind of things.

#64     Jan 26, 2015

5. Correlation is not causation--- with that said-- i really have no idea. surf

#65     Jan 26, 2015
  6. Yeah, what he said ^^^^ !!!!.

#66     Jan 26, 2015
  7. traderob

traderob

Bloomberg Reporting JP Morgan Will Receive $300M Gain On Swiss Franc Turmoil

#67     Jan 27, 2015
  8. xandman

xandman

#68     Jan 27, 2015
  9. Charles Schwab and FXCM as a match would be like Tim Tebow marrying Kim Kardashian, two complete opposites. If you are a competitor of FXCM you are hoping this is true. Schwab's legal (who really runs the firm) will make so many decisions adversely impacting FXCM's business it will go the way of the dodo bird.

#69     Jan 28, 2015