FXCM LOSES ALL EQUITY

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by marketsurfer, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Don't forget futures--- peace, surf

#11     Jan 16, 2015
  2. lol retail is not over. Oanda is healthy as can be; they forgave all negative balances.

#12     Jan 16, 2015

3. You are not getting it, sister. This opens the door for regulators to eliminate it. Nothing do with a surviving company--- 10% leverage coming then no public interest--- best case scenario. surf

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    #13     Jan 16, 2015
  4. Anddddd It's Gonee..

This is why I don't trade FX. :D

#14     Jan 16, 2015
    SwingToWin likes this.
  5. londonkid

londonkid

it lives on here in europe where we enjoy 500:1 leverage. we turn a blind eye to this sort of murky business, especially in the southern countries. lol.

#15     Jan 16, 2015
    SwingToWin and lucysparabola like this.
  6. Does this mean, If I have an account at this shop, they will use my account to cover their losses?

#16     Jan 16, 2015
  7. It does if you are a US client, and if they go under. UK and Australia have segregated funds so those are fine.

#17     Jan 16, 2015
  8. So not only do I need to manage my currency trading risk on trades I make, I have exposure to firm clients that blow up their accounts. That is insane! So my money is commingled with the firms and if they take a hit, so do I?

It is like we are all playing with high explosives in the same room, and if one person messes up, it blows up the entire room. Wtf? put everyone in their own room, get some insurance or something...oh yes, the FDIC does not work, (when) it is needed. Just a sticker on the door.

This is why you wire funds out of brokerage and convert fiat money into stores of value.

This is why the swiss did what they did, they did not want to be a part of all this and told the system to pound sand. The deflation race to bottom begins?

#18     Jan 16, 2015
  9. Read your terms. If you're dealing with an OTC dealer in the US, you have no protection. I think (don't quote me on this, but I think) you're the last in line of creditors in the event of insolvency.

#19     Jan 16, 2015
  10. Sister? I assure you otherwise, my good man. Most women aren't 6'6 / 225. i'd be even scarier if I was a woman in my current condition.

what regs do you foresee coming?
    for the clients' sake, hopefully the Jefferies deal goes through.

#20     Jan 16, 2015