FXCM Limit Orders

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Gcapman, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

I seriously doubt that this is a liquidity issue.....I have fooled around with 1K lots to see if this problem persists.....I did about 30 sequential random short-cover and buy-sell trades -- and guess what? almost every single trade hung for sometime

This is my only grip with FXCM

I'm not concerned with anything else since I have a method for guaranteeing that I am not being screwed on whether the quoted prices are kosher.....

Oh well.......I guess I have to put up with it since I really like the trading platform

#11     Mar 5, 2010
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

LMAO

I tried changing my orders to Market Range = 0

And guess what?

I couldn't even get 1K orders filled for quite sometime several times on the Euro ! !

Absolute confirmation that the trading system is rigged!

I did not have this problem prior to my win streak....

Beware! I am going to switch to Dukascopy....I'm through with all this bullshit !!!

#12     Mar 5, 2010
  3. Gcapman

Gcapman

4. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

#14     Mar 8, 2010
  5. Gcapman

Gcapman

Changed my settings according to your instructions but it still occasionally gets me for 0.1 pip difference against me.

It is not a huge loss but it is the principle of the whole thing.....

#15     Mar 19, 2010
  6. Gcapman

Gcapman

If this change does not involve a new trader agreement specifically outlining such - then I would think that the CFTC would be real interested in investigating false advertising claims......

#16     Mar 22, 2010
  7. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi Gcapman,

If you have questions regarding the terms and conditions agreed to when opening the micro account, please contact the compliance team and they will be able to help with any questions.

-Jason

#17     Mar 22, 2010
  8. Gcapman

Gcapman

From the FXCM website:

FXCM Micro is currently preparing to upgrade to No Dealing Desk execution on forex transactions. Learn more
    * Prices and trade fills are automated. FXCM may or may not offset individual transactions

Offsetting individual transactions = Desk Dealing.........

Who is FXCM trying to fool ?

#18     Mar 23, 2010
  9. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi Gcapman,

Seeing that micro execution is completely disclosed on our website as currently being executed through the FXCM dealing desk, I would say no one. Once micro goes NDD, FXCM will no longer be making a market for micro lots. The transition is not yet complete which is why the website still lists micro execution as going through the dealing desk.

FXCM Micro from day one of its launch has explained on the mission statement page that micro trades are offset through FXCM's dealing desk. Our original intention was to provide NDD execution for micro accounts; however, only 2 banks out of 10 would accept NDD execution via NDD when we first launched.

That has now changed and we will be moving all micro lot trading to NDD execution in the near future as explained through the micro website http://www.forexmicrolot.com/ltd-spreads.jsp . On NDD, each trade will be executed back to back with a bank or financial institution.

Jason
    FXCM

#19     Mar 23, 2010
  10. Gcapman

Gcapman

I love how FXCM just doubled my spread without even an explanation as to why this happened......

FUCK FXCM !!!!

Switch your accounts to Dukascopy -- They just lowered their minimum account to $1,000

#20     Mar 25, 2010