FXCM King of Micro Contest now it is offering $25.000

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by IShopAtPublix, Jan 30, 2009.

1. http://www.forexmicrolot.com/king-micro-trading-contest.html

The top prize used to be worth $2,500 but now it is quite nice.

I don't have a micro account anymore with them but I wish I did. If they make it the regular size contest (instead of a 1 time promotion I would get a micro account with them in a heart beat)

2. henry76

henry76

fxmicro don't say it's a onetime promotion??( atleast i didn't see it)

3. Why are not more people excited about this?

4. I hope it is there for good (instead of CMS forex 12K competition) If King of Micro gives out 25K every month it is going to be back to micro lots for me.

5. "The contest begins at 5:00 pm (EST) on February 1 and ends a the close of the trading day on February 28."

6. The period is always one month. It is always a monthly event, but the problem is whether the top prize is here to stay or be reduced back to $2,500

7. I didn't know it was regular contest. I just started seeing it promoted recently. I guess it depends on how many accounts they can drain during Feb as to whether it will go on as a 40K prize pool. If it does go on then that tells you they have a good thing going (for them that is). Notice it is only for accounts with $500 and the average microlot balance is probably $100. So they figure if they pump up their capital base by 5x it is probably worthwhile.

8. It is $500 or larger. 500 is simply the minimum balance to get in. Of course they want to cash in on people's greed.

9. ssss

ssss

I didn't know it was regular contest. I just started seeing it promoted recently. I guess it depends on how many accounts they can drain during Feb as to whether it will go on as a 40K prize pool. If it does go on then that tells you they have a good thing going (for them that is). Notice it is only for accounts with $500 and the average microlot balance is probably $100. So they figure if they pump up their capital base by 5x it is probably worthwhile.
    ################################

Last time with 2500$ top price ,was regulary approx 10000 participants .

For five years some 250 000 man-attempts

Best result on 500 $ was 2300%
    on 2800 $ some 45000$

Some 3-4 800-900% result's
    Some 10 600-700 % result's

Most of praticpants' loss
    ( average forex life account expectancy some 60 days)

It is very good for promoution/recognition ,but to be winner is case ,which is more related to game theory .

In leading group multiple persons have equal qualification

P.S. author tested multiple hundreds time's
    (very possible more as 1000 )

with paper money ,high margin ( it possible on request by fxcm)

Best result was some 3100 % for two week ,
    was 2 1500% result#s
    was one day with 700%

but more as 99.5% attempts was loss 70-95%
    #####################################

10. ssss

ssss